News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Bug iPhone version 1.7.0

Started by niko718, April 17, 2012, 09:49:27 PM MT

niko718

I've been trying the tutorial 3. Spells and Abilities and every so often in the game when I am trying to use a character ability after I have control of the characters, the game crashes me out.  I made several attempts (6 so far) with same results at different times but always because using a spell or special ability.  I have also reset my Ipod (yes using iPod 4 gen. using version 5.1)

Anyone else have this problem besides me?  Any solutions or will there be a patch.  Game looks and feels great but can't enjoy or give positive review based on crashing experiences.

Regards,
Niko

Ross Przybylski

Hi Niko,

I've had another user, also using iPod Touch 4G with iOS version 5.1, reporting similar app crashes. Interesting. I haven't upgraded to 5.1 yet, but perhaps there is a significant difference in this version OS that is affecting the memory threshold.

Do you typically play with dice and events on or off?

Sorry to hear about the troubles, but rest assured I will get this fixed!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

niko718

I have both dice and events on. I did a second reset on my iPod and I was able to play with it till the end of the tutorial.  So maybe second time is the charm.

One thing so far I haven't found yet and maybe I'm missing is the movement undo. My fingers are click on the wrong location sometimes and haven't been able to undo movement so I go back and reclick where I really wanted to go. I'm fooling around with settings and hopefully something works.

Ross Przybylski

Thanks for the info, Niko.

There isn't an "undo" button as the game uses a double-tap confirmation. By default, you should be able to select your desired move-to location first (a targeting marker will appear) and then tap again to confirm the move to this location.

You can disable "Action Confirmation" in the settings. This will make it so clicking a space immediately issues the command.

Kenjun

Just thought I will append the bug I found here:

Device : iPhone 4, iOS5.1

The Hero Mages app play sound effects even if your iPhone is in silent mode (by flipping the Ring/Silent switch on iPhone4). Think in terms of playing YouTube videos /iTune player that 'override' silent mode when you press 'Play' on the said song or video.

Hence I have to resort to go to the app's settings to turn off the sound effects and music. Naturally, when I subsequently change my iPhone to ring mode I will hear no sound/music until I go to the app's settings and turn them on again.

Ross Przybylski

Thanks Kenjun- I will look into this!