News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Chat bug on Android Phone

Started by Mornlord, March 12, 2012, 03:10:03 PM MT

Mornlord

Hello,

I am new to the game and love it.  It is exactly the type of game I've been looking for now for some time.  I've already started raving about it (and its potential) to friends and nabbed one of the xpacs.

I only have one problem with it so far.  When I play on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic) my chat is bugged.  Actually any field I have to type in is bugged.  While typing, the moment I push the space bar the cursor goes back to the front of the field and duplicates what I've already typed. 

Example:

In a field I am trying to type "Hello you two"
I would get to "Hello" push space bar and it becomes
"HelloHello_" with the cursor at the end waiting for me to type more if I push spacebar again it duplicates again from there.

This does not happen when I log in via my computer and type there (when I got the game yesterday I didn't know you could also play from computer (now I know it originated there before being expanded to mobile devices) very cool.

But that is my only issue so far.  Makes chat nigh to impossible beyond very simple answers.

Ross Przybylski

Mornlord,

Welcome to the Hero Mages community! Great to have you here with us. Sorry to hear about your troubles, but thank you for posting the very detailed bug description.

Hero Mages uses Adobe AIR, a runtime library that allows Flash backend to handle nativate functions of the device (such as typing with your phone's keyboard). This bug sounds like an issue with AIR, one that may already be corrected in the latest runtime version.

I don't have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic available to test on, but perhaps I could send you a prerelease of the new Android version of the game and see if this issue is corrected? Shoot me an email at ross@d20studios.com and I'll see what I can do.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Ross Przybylski

Mornlord,

Were you able to try the file I sent you? Did this resolve the bug you were having?
Manager of D20Studios, LLC