News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Valor

Started by diesbudt, May 06, 2012, 12:59:28 AM MT

diesbudt

Since the dawn of time, in this world we call Hero mages, valor has always only increased while the mage on a team was alive.

Recently I have noticed even with the mage dead, a person can still earn valor every time he attacks. (up to 3 per turn like usual)

It isn't that big a deal except, I watched 1 game.

Summoner died at 14 valor, on his turn he attacked, getting 15 valor, and all the sudden all the summon units got the summoner buff. (which should not happen)

Just letting you know ross.

Ross Przybylski

LOL, awesome! I'll have to look into this. I know I had been considering implementing Valor for after-mage death, but didn't realize I'd actually done it. And that should definitely not occur, lol.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

diesbudt

Right and for all but the summoner, valor is useless after the mage died. So valor going up afterwards made no big deal. This however slight, is an unintended issue i assume.

Ross Przybylski

In case your curious, the reason I'd considered allowing Valor after mage death is:

1) Scoring/performance gauging purposes

2) Customizable guardian abilities that require Valor activation

diesbudt

Right, but summons getting the summoner buff after she's dead and it hasn't activated is the slight unintended issue.

Ross Przybylski

Of course, you are right. That little "bug" was not intended.

Ross Przybylski

I wonder if creatures should lose the Summoning Mastery buff after she is defeated as well? Or is it assumed that they're already beefy because they were summoned that way?

diesbudt

If you ask that question, you also have to ask if creatures already out there should get it also?