News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Async Bug Support

Started by Ross Przybylski, September 19, 2012, 05:13:26 AM MT

Ross Przybylski

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the bug reports. I was able to resolve a couple issues this evening. For those still experiencing issues, please be descriptive in the problem and provide the game record ID of the affected game so I can quickly resolve the problem.

I know we've been experiencing some issues due to the remote DB server and traffic on the shared hosting. Doing my best to rememdy the problem!

~Ross
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Rugman

Hey Ross! I have a few broken games. Since I'm so technically inept at posting videos and all things computerish this may be my best shot at a Minotaur lol.
#37977 after ending my turn C1 turn starts and then hangs.
#38486 I think this is the pally bug kaivtroll reported (was in that game also)
#38319 again ending turn causes the game to hang.
#38319 after Rugman wins announcement room hangs but stays on my game list.
#38305 This is the weird one... I killed a pally then ended my turn. Next message on the log says my atk failed because required targets where removed from play.
If u need any more info or for me to do anything lemme know :-)

Ross Przybylski

Thanks, Rugman! I'll take a look at these tonight.

Ross Przybylski

Well, in fixing another random bug I discovered, I may have inadvertantly fixed some of these freeze issues as well.

In order to help me debug these issues, I added a new game feature that allows any player to load any game by providing the game ID. I loaded up your game in the new build. The results were...hilarious!

#37977 - So it looks like after the computer failed to take its turn, you repeatedly tried to drop Magic Missile from the game. My only guess is that this failed on your end, so, you eventually tried to surrender yourself. I can only guess that the freeze prevented this from happening as well? Anyway, the two computers end up fighting to the death and purple Computer 2's stunned Summoner and Earth Elemental end up winning the game.

Was this what you experienced? If not, try loading the game up now and let me know if the results have perhaps changed since I logged in. I'm curious is my oberservation of the game resulted in writing new data to the game record.

In either case, shoot me an email and I'll send you a Minotaur as well for the detailed support logs.

Rugman

Lol that's exactly what happened! I went a little mad dog when I realized what happened. Let me check my game list and I will let u know how it turned out on my end

Rugman

I just entered the room and watched the outcome which I couldn't do before because of the freeze. Can't believe that wizard couldn't put the nail in the coffin. So everything after the drop/surrendercapade is new to me... my only question is will this game remain in my list as waiting for MM's turn?

Ross Przybylski

After watching the complete results, the game should show up in your game list as "Defeat!". Let me know if it does not.

Rugman

I rewatched until completion. After C2 is declared the winner and I'm asked what I want to do next. I click leave game but back on my gamelist it loops right back to MM's turn and the outcome replays infinitely.  No defeat or completed message

Ross Przybylski

Hey everyone, v1.8.2 is now live. This should fix many of the freeze bugs occuring in async. Let me know if this helps improve things!