Bug - asynch games - not passing turns - multiple games

Started by Zelanius Forcys, September 12, 2012, 02:02:07 AM MT

Zelanius Forcys

I have noticed that with the following games, the turns did not pass properly. This seemed to have affected whether players are notified or not, but not the actual games itself, as I could still proceed to play. However, upon ending my turn, it shows that it was still awaiting for my actions.

Games where this occurred:
# 38081 R (I surrendered in this game)
# 38208 R
# 38028 R
# 38086 R
# 38197 R

In the mean time, I hope players will check their games regularly, even if it is showing to be awaiting their opponent.

Zel

Ross Przybylski

I have seen this as well. I suspect it's due to a delay in the database. I should set the turn submission confirmation to activate only after the database record is written. In the meantime, follow Zel's advice and check your game list one last time before logging out to make sure there are no pending turns you need to send out.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Zelanius Forcys

I did discover one minor detail. In the Game List, it will note how long ago the last action was taken. Even though the text does not get updated, it seems that the time does. So, we can tentatively use that as an indication if the opponent has taken their turn.

Thanks,
Zel

Ross Przybylski

Zel,

Each time a player makes a move on their turn, the time of last turn gets updated. Until the text says its the next player's turn, they haven't finalized their turn yet (system is still waiting for end turn command).

~Ross
Manager of D20Studios, LLC