News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Gamebreaking Bugs - AI Stops

Started by Zelanius Forcys, September 13, 2012, 09:50:46 AM MT

Zelanius Forcys

I am not sure if it is simply the platform on which I play my games - Mac, Google Chrome browser - but sometimes, the AI just seem to freeze, while the timer kept moving. This seems to affect be due to the mage, so I was wondering if it might be something similar to the Wizard's bug in previous version. Here are the games that are affected:
#38029 UR
#38334 UR (Killing the affected AI mage seemed to allow the rest of its team to move)

There was also a case where a Paladin froze mid-action, while executing a Bless, and the timer froze since the animation stops the timer. Quitting and coming back did not help, as the Paladin was out of the animation, but the timer became infinite time. The only game affected was #38320 UR.

Thanks,
Zel

Zelanius Forcys

Got another game where the AI just froze, #38338 UR, related to the first set. This seems to be a mage issue, as after killing a non-mage, the team still did not proceed.

Thanks,
Zel.

Rugman

I have had a handful of games broken in the same manner. PC play is fine but android is where most of my problems occur.

Ross Przybylski

These issues sound like runtime errors due to bad logic in the AI. I will load up records this weekend and see if I can determine what the bug is.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Ross Przybylski

Good news! It seems my random bug fix may have also corrected the AI freeze issue here!

Question, were you playing this game async? In other words, did you start realtime, leave the game, then come back at some point?

I'm not 100% what caused the freeze, but I believe it had something to do with not having a delay between replay animations. Ever since I added this, the game replays function better and a number of freeze errors have been corrected.

Using my new "load any game" feature, I was able to watch the entire match of #38029 play out. Apparently, you surrendered at log entry 460. The computers continued the battle all the way up the end, with blue Fighter Mage claiming victory after his Skeleton kills purple Paladin with a roll of 20.

Reload the game and let me know if you can see the conclusion after my dev version fix.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Zelanius Forcys

For #38029, everything played out nicely. Thanks for the fix.

By the way, I started as realtime, but I left the game when they froze.

Thanks for the fix!

Zel