News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Wrong password ?

Started by Merkeba, April 18, 2012, 07:52:08 AM MT

Merkeba

IOS, when I attempt to log in to multiplayer it says I am entering the wrong password. I have changed and reverified my password multiple times but still cannot log in. Any ideas?

Merkeba

And now on top of not being able to log in.... I can only choose 3 heros while making a custom game...sorc, war and pal.... All of the others vanished.....

Ross Przybylski

Thanks for reporting this Merkeba. Sorry to hear about this. I can reset your password if you like.

What's interesting is that you are able to login to and use the forums. Your multiplayer account/forum account are synced, so they should both use the same password.

Are you playing on iOS/Android? Another user reported similar problem- I'm wondering if there's a particular character on the iOS keyboard that doesn't register correctly.

Also- did you initially create your multiplayer account on the website/browser version or a mobile device?

Thanks, let me know I will fix this ASAP!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Merkeba

iOS ipad2. I created my character on the iPad multiplayer. All was fine and all characters that were supposed to be available were. Once I registered for a pc version everything went to hell. Now I cannot use multiplayer because it says pw is wrong and when I try to make a custom single player game I only have 3 characters to choose from. I had only intended to use the pc version so I could buy the expansion packs. I have not purchased them yet because I don't have the characters available that should be and do not want to create further problems for myself.

Thanks

Ross Przybylski

Merkeba,

I discovered that the problem you were experiencing was being caused by an extra space character at the end of your username. I'm not sure how the extra space got in there (spaces are not allowed in usernames), but in anycase, I've fixed the problem and reset your password. Please check your email for a message from ross@d20studios.com.

So sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks for contacting me for support so I could help!

Ross Przybylski

Update: Spaces ARE allowed in usernames....duh! My own username has a space!

So what happened is an extra space just got typed in when you initially created your account. Thanks for reporting- another user was having the same problem. I will add a check in the next update that ensures you can't create usernames with trailing spaces.

Trasd

FYI, if you hit Done on the Android keyboard after entering your name, it appends a space - this is probably the space setting on the keyboard suggestions.

I wish I would have read this before I had to figure it out earlier!

Ross Przybylski

Ah, so it's a mobile specific deal...ha! Good to know. Yeah, I will add code to elminate any hanging space for future registrating players.

Trasd

Ross, that's just my experience, I don't know what platform Merkeba was playing on.  But, as adding a space is usually a default action of accepting a suggested word on most Android keyboards, I would think he was using Android.