News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Asynch Bugs - Undo Turns

Started by Zelanius Forcys, September 19, 2012, 02:28:19 AM MT

Zelanius Forcys

Recently, I played a few asynchronous matches where my turns were undone after I ended my them and left the matches. However, when I quit my browser and returned, it was fine. It made me lose a few good turns, though, while having the dubious advantage of undoing any mistakes I made. Some of the stuff that were undone were in the middle of the turns, instead of from the start of my turn as well.

Game IDs:
#38712 R (undid almost a whole mediocre turn and when I redid my actions, the results were better; this reset to the point after my sorcerer's movement and use of lightning bolt valor ability; I did 2 actions beforehand, move and lightning bolt valor ability)

#38622 R (reset to the point after I had moved my newly summoned skeleton and after my first skeleton attacked; I did 3 actions beforehand, skeleton warrior valor ability, move and attack)

#38706 R (this one registered the most turns, only resetting my last barbarian move action)

#38659 R (reset at point after 2 actions where skeleton warrior moved and attacked; I managed a lucky shot that killed the sorceress, but that action got the reset, and I could not kill her a second time around)

#38714 R (surrender did not register fully, and I had to re-enter the game, where the surrender script seemed to have been registered but not executed fully; the game registered my loss as soon as I re-entere; I did 2 actions beforehand, attack and finishing shot)

Ross Przybylski

Is this not the same issue as the one you reported earlier?
https://heromages.com/forums/index.php?topic=546.0

Since v1.8.0 started recording moves to the database, it's put a bigger load on the server. I'm guessing these silent errors are happening due to traffic on the Godaddy shared servers. What I really need to do is migrate the database server to the same machine as the game server. This will be a tricky feat as the same database also powers the forums.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Zelanius Forcys

Hi Ross.

The bugs are totally different. This was not a wrong turn passing, but more of a case where the turns I took was not recorded properly on the server, I guess.

The previous bug I reported, was more of a case where the text shows "waiting for <player A>" even though it is player B's turn.

This is more of a case where a turn taken was not recorded, and when I left and re-entered the game, some actions I took were missing.

Thanks.

Zel

Ross Przybylski

Zel,

Thanks for clarification! I figured out this bug too. Turns out I didn't have a condition for games with multiple players where one player could be eliminated (thus causing a turn pass). While you could technically load the game if you knew it was your turn, the database was not writing that it was your turn and not emailing you to notify. This will be fixed in v1.8.2.

~Ross
Manager of D20Studios, LLC