News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Buuuuuuugs

Started by Nunca Morir, May 08, 2012, 01:36:39 AM MT

Nunca Morir

Played tonite twice. countdowns with no movement even in a brand new game.
would add screen shot but i dont know how.

Ross Przybylski

Nunca,

Could you explain the bug a bit more? What do you mean by countdowns with no movement?

Which device are you playing on: web, iOS, Android?
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

ralph

I sent this in an email too cause I'm impatient and didn't read around first, sry bout that. Seen the same bug more than half of the pvp games I'm involved in lately. I'm on an Acer tab with Android OS. Other players on everything from PC's to Kindle's have been with me.

At the start of a game characters (from 0-4 that I've seen) will be in random places on the map(tried most of them so far). The first player to act will receive a mix of "no action left" and "waiting for action to end" messages in response to any action button. When the timer runs down the log records the end of turn and beginning of the next player's turn. Then the timer goes goofy, anything from freezing on the correct reset to random times that do nothing. Leaving the room and coming back does nothing. I've had circumstantial evidence that a relog helps but it could be coincidence and it definitely doesn't guarantee two games in a row.

If it matters I'm using Silver, running on wifi, and have no other big bandwidth eaters running. Can't wait for a fix so I can go gold.

Ross Przybylski

Got your email, Ralph, and I'll respond here as well in case anyone else encounters this issue.

The next time you experience this glitch, please access the game log and select the "Cmd" tab. Then, make sure the "Source" checkbox is checked. Select all text in this window and copy/paste it into an email to me. This way I can determine exactly what is causing the issue.

As start zones being off can also be tied to hosting/game setup- try to remember who the host player was and also what the initial game settings were.

Also- please take a screenshot of the game itself (if possible) and send that to me as well.

Most likely, this issue is caused by a miscommunication during game setup - the engine doesn't know how to handle the instructions, and a runtime error occurs.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC