News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

I CANNOT EDIT MY PROFILE

Started by Trasd, April 15, 2012, 01:57:15 PM MT

Trasd

Ross, I've looked everywhere and even read help, but unless I completely missed it, I cannot edit my profile.

Help!  I need access to this!

Trasd

Bump

Ross, am I missing something?

Ross Przybylski

Sorry I missed this one! Edit your profile where/in what regard?

In the game, use the key icon in multiplayer to change account settings like email, password, avatar, etc.

In the forum...hmm....not sure if I've actually enabled profile editing on the forums. It was so long ago that I set it up - I know I can enable this in the admin settings, but I probably disabled it for a good reason. You're the first person to ask about this- let me know what you want to be able to edit and I'll look into it.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Trasd

Quote from: Ross Przybylski on April 18, 2012, 04:16:41 AM MT
Sorry I missed this one! Edit your profile where/in what regard?

In the game, use the key icon in multiplayer to change account settings like email, password, avatar, etc.

In the forum...hmm....not sure if I've actually enabled profile editing on the forums. It was so long ago that I set it up - I know I can enable this in the admin settings, but I probably disabled it for a good reason. You're the first person to ask about this- let me know what you want to be able to edit and I'll look into it.

I'm taliking about my forum profile.  Really, no ones needed to change their email or anything?  I find that strange.  I am in probably 25 forums (I administer two or three of them) and this is the only one where I cannot edit my profile.

Does the email icon show up next to my avatar?  For now, that's all I wanted to test - I noticed no one else's does....

Hmmm, language filter, profile edit restrictions - I'm beginning to feel suppressed!

Ross Przybylski

You can change email address within the game using account settings. The game directly writes to the forum database, ensuring your player/forum account are always synchronized together.

This is also why you can't register directly to the forum- you have to make your account via the game so that it can pair your username with your forum account/player account. I'm not sure why I opted to disable profile editing via the forum. It's been over 3 years since I setup this forum, but I believe this was probably to ensure the account sync would be protected by only editing via the game. It might be safe to allow profile editing via the forum, but I'd have to carefully test this before I make it available.

Certainly no intention to surpress- just trying to make the user experience streamline.

Trasd

Ross, I hope you know me well enough by now to know I was joking.  But editing the profile is a standard forum option in most places.

Ross Przybylski

LOL, sorry to sound so uptight- yes I knew you were joking!