News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Fighter Mage

Started by Trasd, May 04, 2012, 12:26:22 AM MT

Trasd

Ross, while playing against the AI on my Android, the enemy Fighter Mage, at the end of his turn, had himself tucked into a corner (3 wall tiles shaped like an 'L' at the top right of the Solace map).  The AI ended it's turn, then the Fighter Mage started turning about 180° left and right - over and over during my turn - and I could not select him at all.  As soon as I ended my turn, the Mage teleported twice.

I know I can look at the code and commands with the log, but I can find no way of saving it or I would have done that for you.  Sorry I don't have more information, but if you tell me how to save a log or something on the Android, I will be able to get it to you if this happens again.

Ross Przybylski

Thanks, Trasd. Here's what to do:

1) Open game log
2) Select "Show source" check box
3) Select CMD
4) Copy all text in this window and paste into an email or post on this forum

I'm planning on adding a "Report Bug" feature that will automatically perform these steps and submit to database, but for now, any manual reports sent will be very helpful for debugging.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Trasd

Ross - remember, my "Tablet" is a home-made conversion job.  I will try your method if it happens again, but many times I cannot copy to my clipboard unless it is specifically a Text Entry box.

I thought of trying it this way, but then figured you'd have a logging method in place that I was missing.

Oh well, hopefully it was a one-time glitch (but I doubt it).

Ross Przybylski

Trying tapping the cmd log text field with your finger and holding for a moment or two. The option to "Copy All" should come up. Either way, I'll have an alternative bug reporting mechanism added soon.

Trasd

Yep - I know the normal methods and sometimes this works, some times not - pending the app.  OK - will do, thanks.  I will try it before I may need it, just in case.

Trasd

Ross, good news, you did good implementing it - you did it right, it works on my system.  Next time (if it happens again) I will get a log for you.

It seems to not work on my system when people take shortcuts or don't follow API methods - I think.

Ross Przybylski

Sweet! I like when things work like they are supposed to  ;D