News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

RANKING SYSTEM IS BOGUS!

Started by MagicMissle, May 20, 2012, 03:56:17 AM MT

MagicMissle

I just won a ranked match, and it counted it as a loss! Ross, please,
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Currently, I am supposed to be at 21 wins and 24 losses, but it has me at 20 wins and 25 losses

Ross, Me no happy bout this (like Jar Jar Binks)

Ross Przybylski

I'm sure the recording system is probably correct- maybe it appeared you had a loss because the scores from a previous game had not yet refreshed when you last checked your score.

Once I have the new version up, you should be able to catalog our old games and see exact resuts against individual players.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

MagicMissle

Archie

It would be nice if there was a mutually usable 'exit without scoring' button for when the game freezes during a ranked match.

It would have to be set that it wouldn't work unless both people pressed it. If only one person pressed it then they be recorded as lost. The player who was losing could exit first by pressing that 'exit but don't score button' and then the other person does the same.

Yes it's open to obuse because you have no guarantees the other person will press the button but current;y there is no way to end a ranked game that freezes without someone losing out.

Ross Przybylski

If a runtime error results in a game freeze, the game won't be recorded (so no points either side).

Archie

That's good to know. When it freezes is it always a run time error then?

Also, ideally in simply language, how come when the game freezes the global menu still works? Small words now...non tech here!

Ross Przybylski

Runtime errors that occur within a given process (such as running the game) will not affect different processes (like the menu system). In most cases when the game locks up, it's prob due to a runtime error. Next version should correct most of these bugs ;)