News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Internal Error -- frozen game

Started by Finjinimo, August 27, 2009, 02:53:22 AM MT

Finjinimo

I've been trying to upload a pic of a game that froze on the first turn, but whenever I try I get the 500 internal error doobie.

Also... we were in a game that froze on the first turn -- the timer went down to 0:00 but did not pass the turn to the next player. I have a screen shot, once I get the forums to upload.

Finjinimo

ah, now when i try to post an image I get the following message:

game freeze.bmp.
You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are gif,jpg,mpg,pdf,png,txt, bmp.

diesbudt

Fin if that happens, usually (not always) that player who's turn it is, disconnected and the game can take a while to register it.

Finjinimo

We waited about 7 minutes I think, after it froze.

After that I exited the game and came to post the screen shot here.

The forums won't let me upload that pic though... alas.

Finjinimo

Ross Przybylski

Thanks Fin- first off I added support for bmp attachments to the forum for you.

Secondly, I believe diesbudt is right about what happened.  Diesbudz's client either froze and/or disconnected in a strange way that resulted in a ghost user still remaining on server.  As a result, the command to end turn never got sent from Diesbudz, thus stalling the game.

Perhaps this, too, can be resolved the solution community members have suggested for idle players - after a set period of time with no response (and especially when the turn timer is stalled)  a "drop player" option could appear allowing you to boot the stalled player and resume normal gameplay.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC