News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Frozen Dice from previous match

Started by Finjinimo, August 28, 2009, 04:46:23 AM MT

Finjinimo

This is a screenshot.

I had been in a battle, surrendered, and then jumped straight into another battle. The last roll from the 1st battle was frozen on my screen throughout the 2nd battle.

Finjinimo

As you can see, there is no Reaver in the current game.

Finjinimo

and much later in the match... they still remain.

Ross Przybylski

Thank you so much for the screen post!  This has happened one other time that I'm aware of and it's good to gather more information.  Fortunately, I am confident that issues like this should be erradicated entirely in the next release.  As part of the memory leak resolution (different bug) I have very thoroughly gone through the engine code to ensure all game objects are being fully reset, which should prevent former dice rolls from appearing.

Just to clarify- the dice did dissappear after the next attack roll, correct?  Thanks again!

Edit: N/M- I see you just answered that question.  Ok then- let me guess- you had dice rolls turned off in the match you're currently playing?  (Hence the dice roller never had a need to activate/reset itself and persisted on screen).  If you're still in game, start a new match with dice on, make an attack- they should go away.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Finjinimo

Nope. They've been there frozen over my game this entire match. We're still duking it out in the second match, I just have frozen dice over my entire screen.

Also... we don't have dice active in this match. Perhaps that makes a difference?

Ross Przybylski

Indeed- my guess to what happened: You're last game was exited while a dice roll was still active and the animation thus never got cleared (mistake on our part).  The last time this bug was reported to me, the issue was resolved after the next dice roll took place (but dice were turned on for that game).  Because you aren't using rolls this match, no commands are being sent to the dice roller, and hence it is not being cleared.  If you try a new match afterwards with dice on, they should clear after next roll.  We'll have this resolved in next release, tho!

Ross Przybylski