News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

different card decks

Started by helpicantfly, September 03, 2009, 03:00:17 PM MT

diesbudt

Manipulation isnt the problem class, Destruction is, with demonic lash, Strong Aoe attacks, and disentigrate. Esspecially with seeker missle able to go around walls and only cost 1. (mixed with fireballs, i seen heros die without getting his turn)

And since, teleport combos are problem matic with destruction spells early on... that would fix that too.

Ross Przybylski

We just need to be careful not to hurt any particular school of magic so as to show favoritism to one Mage over another.  Spells are somewhat less inclined to need for balance in general because the cards you draw are allowed to every player and are not guaranteed.  Certainly, it is possible to draw that incredible winning hand- but how does this differ from an extremely lucky roll of the dice or the luck when your opponent passes you over to attack a different enemy player?  Like in Poker, or any CCG (Magic especially) - sometimes you just draw an amazing hand- it's part of the luck.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

tors10

I would really rather see this as an in game option, as opposed to a default thing.

It seems too much like creeping from WC3 for my tastes.

maerrick

I agree with tors10, either it's an in game option (and not default) or just leave it as is. :)