News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Bards

Started by Glenn, February 20, 2010, 08:39:14 PM MT

Glenn

I've been playing on random a lot more and keep getting placed with a bard almost every time. I'm starting to like them. i like the FM, melee class, bard. i think they work best with a warrior. a buffed warrior with the bards special move is insane.

i'm curious about other players thoughts about this.

Ross, are bards getting changed with the new version thats coming out next?

diesbudt

Yes glenn they are, as in the battle simulator post:

"In v1.2.1, the amount added to each dice result.  In v1.5, the precision bonus is only added to dice with a result of 11 or more (Represents Bard’s Inspire ability)."

What it means is, mixing cripple with the bard's precision ability isn't great, because if the dice do not at least hit 11, they do not get +4. So from this point on, it means all dice will have at least a 50% chance to not hit. 

(Example: If you cripple a Unit to 11 def, than give bard's ability to a barbarian unit and attack and lets say you roll:   6,10,12,9,11.  Only the 12 and 11 get +4 meaning... your roll actually was:  6,10,16,9,15.

Glenn

hmm but it still gives a +4 to each dice above that. That doesn't sound to bad. i mean the main use i have for it is when i'm fighting a soul reaver or trying to hit a mini with a hich AC. but i see why it was changed to help out the other mages and guardians that only have 13 or 12 AC.

thanks dies

Ross Przybylski

Glen- if you like the Bard now, you'll have even more reasons to love her in the next version. 

I've gotten a lot of mixed feedback on her.  Some people think she's too powerful (the Inspire bonus, in particular, is too deadly against low Defense units like mages).  Others say she's not powerful enough (i.e.) her one good ability does not make up for her low Defense (which makes her tough to choose between Samurais, Warriors, and other heavy units).

With the new version, I hope to address both criticisms by evolving her into a full support unit.  Check out the full details here in the Bard section:

https://heromages.com/forums/index.php?topic=217.0
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

andodel

The bard is nice, but I'd rather replace her with the paladin. This way I can heal myself and heal status effects.