News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Chat Flooding

Started by Omnipotens, May 07, 2010, 07:51:27 PM MT

Omnipotens

Hey Ross,

I was talking in chat the other day, and I got yelled at by the system for typing in 2 lines in a row, and then I got kicked because I typed 2 more lines in row. Then I tried flooding on purpose and it yelled at me after 3 lines, Gorstak did it and it yelled at 6 times. I think a spam prevention is good but it definately has to be longer than 2-3 lines in a row. Also there must be soemthing wrong with the bot if it warns at different line lengths.

diesbudt

I get my warning at 6 lines, and dont get kicked until 12 or 14?  unsure I went fast.

diesbudt

Correction, I can get  48 lines of 1s in the time it takes for me to get kicked. I got 2nd warning around 12.

Ross Przybylski

The AntiFlood service looks at a combination of factors, such as how quickly you are sending messages, whether or not you are sending repeated messages, and a "tolerance threshold" that indicates the number of messages you can send in a set interval before warnings are issued.

Currently, the mininum time between messages is 1 second, with a tolerance level of 5.  This means, the server will accept up to 5 messages within that second grace period without issuing a warning. 

I suspect internet delays may impact this as well.  In your case, Omnipotens, there was probably a moment of lag where a series of messages might have been received by the server all at once.

Let me know if this continues to be a problem, I can certainly tweak the settings.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC