News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Minotaur Charge Bug

Started by diesbudt, May 29, 2010, 04:13:12 AM MT

diesbudt

So, playing Goontar earlier today we noticed a bug. So a friend of mine jumped on a guest account and we retested it so I could verify it. I also have a screenshot/battle log.

What happened is when a Minotaur charges and hits a fire ele for 1 when fire ele is at full health (Possibly when minotaur hits for more than 1 too), the game freezes, and the clock stops. Both players can still chat, so it isn't lag on anyones behalf.

My guess?  Code on the fire eles damage on attack vs minotaurs charge not agreeing.

here is the screenshot

Ross Przybylski

Great catch!  Indeed, your suspicions are correct.  The Fire Elemental is programmed to respond to melee attacks and the Minotaur's charge is considered a melee attack.  However, since it is a special ability, it has its own "attacker" object for the charge ability, and that is what the Fire Elemental was trying to burn.  The fix involved adding a check to see if a possible burn target is actually a unit, and if not, finding the proper path to the actual "charge" user, the Minotaur himself.

Given that this is the way the Soul Reaver's counter attack also works, I checked the bug against her as well, but the issue did not occur.  She was doing a check to see if the attacker was a unit and since the charge abiltiy is not a unit, she simply did not attack (which is also a bug).

Both of these issues will be corrected in the next version release.  Thanks for posting!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC