News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Psion - mind control bug

Started by Warmage, July 22, 2010, 06:45:34 PM MT

Warmage

Twice in one game and once in another I used mind control and successfully attacked, the unit that was taken could not move but his feet moved in place.

Dont have any more info at the time but I will screen shot it if it happens again.

diesbudt

So, your roll was successful yet the piece wouldn't move just march in place?

Well if you can remember or see it again, screenshot and deliver the game log along with this questionaire (if possible).

1. What did the 'dice roll'?
2. Was the opposing unit under any buffs or debuffs?
3. Was this done on a 'default' map, or a player built one.
4. How far away was the psionist when she performd that move?

Warmage

One thing it was the map blockhouse that I posted on forums when it happened twice, it was also on the same sorceress twice.

Once straight down the only open lane on blockhouse and once through a gatewayed wall.

That wont be much help but I will screen shot it next time if it happens, just curios if other people are getting it.

Ross Przybylski

The moving in place issue can happen when a unit receives the command to move but the pathing data is incorrect.  Someway or another, the unit the Psionist tried to move likely had there coordinates changed in the grid (so the computer thought they were located at a different location) or maybe their coordinates were not updated from a previous move.

Did other players in the game with you witness the walking in place behavior (did any players see the possessed character move as intended)?

Next time issue happens, if you could you provide the following:
a) Game Log (Select the "View Source" option and select all text, copy to a text file, and attach that text file to this forum post)
b) CMD Log (copy this to text file, attach text to this forum post)

Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Ross Przybylski

Warmage-

I had a conversation with kefkam last night who had some more information to add to this bug.  Apparently, the moving in place bug happens if you order the possess unit to move on the same space the unit is already on.  In your case, I suspect you might have double clicked and the system registered two commands -one to possess and one to order the unit to move to space it was already on- hence the unit walked in place.  I tried it out myself and was able to verify the behavior. 

It's actually pretty funny- if you ever need to discard, you can burn the card making the enemy look hilarious as they do a run-in-place workout on the battlefield.  Seriously, though, you shouldn't be able to target a space the unit is already on so I will fix this in next release.

Again, I encourage more users to use the forums to report these bugs if you're aware of an issue.  The sooner I learn of the problem, the sooner I can fix it for you guys.

Ross Przybylski

Thanks again for reporting the bug!  The issue was that is was possible to command enemy units to move onto a space they or another enemy unit already occupied.  If the possessed unit then tried to perform an action, it could result in a game lockup.

This bug is now fixed as of v1.4.3.