Full compilation of suggested units for indiepub games comp.

Started by diesbudt, August 27, 2010, 07:17:39 PM MT

Tampit

diesbudt

Yes, but would require casting 5 spells... whic his hard, and uses your whole hand
  But yes thats the jist of it

Juggernaut - Guardian
(3 STR, 14 DEF, 6 Life)

Ability 1- Monstrous Rage (Passive) - The Jaggernaut is unaffected by bard songs and friendly augmentation spells. The Jaggernaut gains +1 strength every time he/she makes a successful attack on an enemy unit.

Ability 2- Double Slam (1 card) - The Jaggernaut loses 1 Str and than attacks a target surrounding unit with as many dice as his STR. (This ability is not considered an attack based, and will not trigger his passive ability or a soul reavers counter ability.)

Slightquills

Hey dies, would it be possible to pick your brain for some possible suggestions to make my two submissions stronger entries?

I would like you hear your spicific opinions for their scores as well.

diesbudt

Of course slight. I can tell you the specifics of it later when I can take a better look of it.

The units don't need to be balanced though as ross will do that himself, I was just helping out in showing if a unit was too strong / weak based on mental simulations of the current units.

But yea ill gladly say what I think could make them better.

diesbudt

Necromancer

1st. His ability Legion of the dead, is already a mimic of the summoner and limits it to 3 out of 50 spells in the game, making it way too weak and unviable in a game.  Maybe change it to something like - Skeletons and Flesh golem does not count towards the 1 summon total, and skeletons gain +1 attack. This way it is usable first turn, but isnt overpowerful as it only effects 3 cards in the deck.

2nd.  The walking dead, is weak. As in unless you already lost skeletons last turn in a duel the ability is useless. Because most duels a guardian wont be dead unless the mage is already weak and running or dead. This ability however is nicely strong in a team or Free for all, as teammates or other players could lose units/skeletons on the turn before yours. Maybe it should only cost 1, and limit it to 2 summons a turn, to keep it in check.

3rd. Flesh Golem. Even though its 3 cards, it costs no mana (meaning you can summon 1 every turn, as you will get to draw 3 cards if you cast no spells.) and is too much to make a flesh golem at will making it an external health pack.  Maybe dropping it to 2 cards and making a different flesh (new) summon that has 1 health. That way it can save you from 1 attack's damage but not be overly powerful.

4th. Shambling Hordes. As much as I like this ability, again you are practically copying the summoner, except making it more restrictive, because it is so rare to have summoned units by each other. Especially since it is limited to skeletons and flesh golems. A possible change to this would be something along the lines of - All summons gain +1 DEF and all skeletons gain +1 attack and Health.  This will make the mage be more focused on skeletons as its main army, yet still allow other summon cards to be used.

Overall - This mage is just too restrcitive to the player, and needs some changes to make him/her stronger as most mages can do crazy feats at 15 valor. This mage would be useless in duels, and weak in all other games unless lucky (a lot of deaths). The changes that would be good for him would be to help make skeletons the best summons it can make and its primary weapon.

Lich

1st. Undeath. This is a very weak ability. Not being able to heal unless it gets into melee range to attack, and require luck on doing damage to heal, will mean certain death for this hero quickly as you dont have to spike him down like traditional mages.  A possible change is just to keep it as Undeath - All slayed guardian and mage units Friendly and Foe, turn into a skeleton under the contol of the lich. The lich may not control more than X at once, and these do not count towards the 1 summon rule. This way it gets to have some skeletons but not go super crazy with it if other summons die, and with it weaker, no longer needs a negative effect to balance it.

2nd. Drain life - I like this ability. I just think it should be changed to a limited range attack (3-5 spaces away max) so teh mage doesnt have to get too close, and only gets healed 1 damage if it hits. No more.

3rd.  Lifewhick - Sacrificing a whole guardian is not a good ability, even if it is to heal and gain temporary HP. (as it only lasts 1 turn). Maybe change it to something like 1 card - target guardian loses half its HP (rounded down) and the Hp is gained to the Lich (It can pass the life amount until the end of your next turn. The target guardian cannot be healed until the start of your next turn)  This way the most it can gain is 3 (usually it will be 2 or less) making it weaker, but also making it a good temporary HP boost and not losing a Whole guardian in the process, but to balance it, you cannot heal the guardian the turn you do this, making it weak for at least a turn.

4th. Again limited to very few summoned units, and isnt that great. As a teleport that requires LoS and a summon creature to get somewhere and survive until it reaches there doesnt have much use. Plus any mage with 3 "use" abilities can eat through cards too fast, making it weak in that category.

-Overall:  BI think i hit all the key points on the separate abilities.

4th.