News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

12/05/2010 Hero Mages for Android!

Started by Ross Przybylski, December 06, 2010, 05:23:30 AM MT

Ross Przybylski

Greetings Hero Mage fans,

In case you're wondering why I haven't been online the past couple weeks to play games with you, it's because I was crazy busy programming the new Android version of Hero Mages so I could make the deadline for indiePub's Mobile Competition which closed submissions last Tuesday.

You may recall from my earlier post that Hero Mages received recognition as Semi-Finalist in indiePub's Developer competition earlier this year.  One of the best feedback we got was that the game would be awesome for the mobile platform.  So, I picked up a Droid phone, coded away, and was able to complete the entire in-game input system in-time for the contest and a chance to win some awards that would help me to develop the game further.

If you have an Android phone with version 2.2, you can download and install the app from indiePub's website at: https://www.indiepubgames.com/game/Hero_Mages_(Android)

Using the app you'll be able to play a fixed-setting single player demo against AI to try out the mobile interface.  You can also connect online and play against players using the web-browser client (though I have not yet had time to port the chat lobby interface).  Also keep in mind that graphics have not yet been optimized for optimal performance on mobile phones, so it may run choppy.  Nonetheless, I think it's a huge milestone for the game and I hope you all enjoy!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC