News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Random card drops

Started by Joshua, July 26, 2009, 01:02:57 AM MT

Joshua

It could be nice to have a option that allows a card to be randomly dropped somewhere on the board every X turn, player's turn, or round.

i.e.

- Players only see the back side of the card on the board (i.e. doesn't know what it is yet)
- Once picked up, it is added to your existing card and becomes visible. A card is thus deducted from the pile
- If a player doesn't pick it up, it doesn't get deducted from the deck. It stays there until someone picks it up
- If you already have 7 cards in your hand, you will be given an option to discard an existing one (you still don't know what the card is)
- Perhaps Hero only can pick the card up (Guardian can't)

Ross Przybylski

A very interesting idea that could add some extra excitement to the game!  What do others think about this?
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Crimson Avenger

I can see this as a feasible addition.  It adds a small layer of strategy planning as you now have a choice to break any formations you have to pick up a random card, or forgo it in favor of a strategy.

As for my two cents, maybe you can also make cards that provide instant boosts to a character, instantly adding the effect to the player.  Such as augmentations, summons, and other beneficial spells.  They would immediatly be used and provide a chance for an ailing player to make that one last stand!  I've played some games where players only had to run from opponents and matches would drag on in a cat-and-mouse style play.  It'll add a new level of strategy and provide for some interesting late-game moments.

that's my two cents on this, and agree that this would be an interesting addition to the game =)  I vote yes!

Warmage

I like the idea of a random drop, at least as a selectable option. It adds to the options and would make the battles perhaps move around and be more flowing as people try to get small powerups like that.

maerrick

I concur with Warmage: as a selectable option.