News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Pally vs Undead

Started by Trasd, May 11, 2012, 03:31:43 AM MT

Trasd

In most of these games, a Paladin (or healer) has special divine blessings that give them power over undead monsters.  I thought it might be interesting to give the Pally in HM the option to use her healing ability to cause 1 HP of damage on the skeletons.  I don't believe this would significantly change the balance of the game since she still needs to use a card for this feature.  I just think this would add a little more flavor (really I just don't want Ross to have any time to rest! LOL).

Thoughts?

Ross Przybylski

I like it! This would be a great way to help trade off the Paladin's "self healing" ability towards something more aggressive that will keep the game moving.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Archie

I love the idea. I'd like it if it was a 2 dice roll against the skeletons rather than an automatic destroy - similar to the archers sniper shot power (sorry forgotten it's proper name).

The skeletons are pretty weak already...an auto kill power seems a bit harsh.

And here's me saying this who already loves the paladin!

MagicMissle

It should also be against the flesh golems as well. They are made of flesh and is literally dead meat compiled into a body by magic :) GREAT idea though

Trasd

Quote from: Archie on May 18, 2012, 11:44:15 AM MT
I love the idea. I'd like it if it was a 2 dice roll against the skeletons rather than an automatic destroy - similar to the archers sniper shot power (sorry forgotten it's proper name).

The skeletons are pretty weak already...an auto kill power seems a bit harsh.

And here's me saying this who already loves the paladin!
Thanks.  I am not married to the damage mechanics, just thought the pally dealing - or having a chance to deal - damage against undead would be great.  But, I really think the heal ability should be used for this, even if die rolls are implemented.