News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Awesome Video Review

Started by Ross Przybylski, May 25, 2012, 01:37:56 AM MT

Ross Przybylski

Hero Mages gets its far share of press, but this particular review from Electronic Playground really stood out to me for it's very impressive style. Be sure to check it out:

https://www.elecplay.com/all/spotlight/hero-mages-ios-video-review/
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Trasd

Hero Mages: 9.5 from me!

Sweet, Ross. Congrats. The more press it gets, the better.  I think their review, whether thought positive or negative, will generate the curiosity needed for people to checkout the game.  Once they do, they will stick around if this is the type of game they like.

Why do so many think the only fun games are hack and slay or Mario Brothers-like finger exercises?  I don't understand the reluctance of the younger generation to use their brains (this includes my 26 and 21 year old girls)?  Is it they are used to everything being done for them?  But, this is neither the time nor place for this kind of rant!  LOL

I did not find the rules long or difficult.  I think I said somewhere else, I find the game easy to learn, but hard to master - exactly what a strategy game should be.  I don't come from the gaming backgrounds they mentioned in the review, either.

Ross Przybylski

Their review scores don't bother me in the least bit. They're rating the game as it applies to a general market. Hero Mages is incredibly complex to learn when compared to mass-market games like Angry Birds, but it's amazingly simple to learn when compared to other strategy titles. It's a niche game for those that enjoy strategy, tactics, and fantasy. I don't expect everyone to like it, but I suspect most fans of the genre will love it! Their video review does a wonderful job showing off the gameplay- makes me want to go and play!

Archie

I posted a comment on their review. I thought their scores were low based on the comments they made. And my god if they think this is complicated to play then they haven't had to wade through Dungeons and Dragons 4th edition! (Although I accept your point that they are comparing it with the rather mindless point and play games typical of mobile devices.)

Ross Przybylski

Excellent post, Archie. That's awesome that your kids play too! Can't wait till mine are old enough ;)

I hope to earn that extra review point from you in the next update  ;D