News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Heromages on BlackBerry Playbook

Started by MalleusFranconia, November 28, 2012, 12:53:05 PM MT

MalleusFranconia

Hi Ross!
You made a great game, congrats on that. My brother has been a player for quite some time and now we want to start Multiplayer.

One thing I'd love you to consider: porting your game to the BlackBerry Playbook. I don't know if you're aware of the fact that

a) the Playbook has excellent AIR-support and
b) Android apps can be simply signed to run under the Playbook OS without any further adjustments, as there is an Android runtime built-in to the device.

Porting is a very easy process which can be started here (official BlackBerry-website):
https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/bpaa/
As you can see, it involves some very easy steps.

In fact, I could try to sign the APK myself, if you want me to. I'd have to look for my developer keys but as soon as I have time I could give it a try. I have signed some free APKs before, albeit some of them not working. If

Let me know what you think. I'd love to see your game porte to the Playbook. Also keep in mind that BlacKBerry is the platform where developers get the most out of each sale, since competition is so extremely low!

-Malleus

Ross Przybylski

I'd looked into the process of creating the Blackberry Play version before and it was a bit complicated to figure out the signing process. This tool, however, looks straight-forward. I'll  see what I can do.

~Ross
Manager of D20Studios, LLC