Pally
Psinonist
Warrior
Barbarian
Bard
Samurai
Rogue
Minotaur

Psion and SR have absolutely unique abilities like counterattack breaking armor and moving opponents. The Pally is maybe the best allrounder period, strong defense ok offense removing almost everything nasty and healing. After those 3 it get blurry, I don't like the warrior very much because he's not a great killer, but I must admit protect and double attack are useful especially if you can upgrade him.
The bard is awesome, but you need a lot of melee attackers to make him count. Barbarian is an awesome attacker and agile too. But without protection he is gone very fast. The Rogue is like the Psion light for me. Yes u can upgrade him and yes he gets the killing shot, but against well armored units I'll prefer the psychic blast even over an upgraded rogue. The Minotaur is a pity, he has cool abilities, but is defensively to weak and offensively not strong enough to make up for it. The run attack is a total gamble. u never know if u reach the enemy and wether he uses the path you'd like. The roar is a nice idea but 2 cards is to expensive for its 60/40 hit ratio and the fact it can be reversed by Pally and Mage alike. So in the end you're left with slightly above average offense very weak defense for a melee attacker and costly and/or unreliable special abilities. With Defense of 14, reliable Sprint attack + roar for 1 card would make it competitive.

Yaemon

Mages:
Fighter Mage
Sorceress
Wizard
Summoner

Guardians:
Psion
Paladin
Barbarian
Warrior
Reaver
Bard
Rogue
Minotaur
Samurai

Ross Przybylski

@q666

Try combining Psion + Minotaur. You can predict the total run distance before committing to the sprint for devastating results. Also, the roar ability is extremely potent if you can get the Mino surrounded by a blob of enemy units; Paly's have impacted this a bit since the latest balance change, but still effective.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

q666

Yeah that could work well offensively on the other hand, having two guards with only 13 is an other risk all by itself. Also to be effective both guards need 2cards per round. I still feel 13 defense is big drawback for a unit that is limited to  short range attack. The Barbarian has the same "flaw", but with one more strength and life, greater agility and the possibility for chain attacks he id better able to make up for it. Bull charge is only every second turn and at least somewhat challenging to manage, roar is pretty costly and only hits 60%. Surrounded by 3 enemies u can expect about 1-2 hits, if the opponent has a Pally the effect is -1 or 0 while u spend two cards and the opponent only one.

BTW is there any way to predict how the Minotaur will move given the option to move vertically first, horizontally second or the other way around?

milenveliki