New Hero Mages Server "Nimbus" Now Running!

Started by Ross Przybylski, June 08, 2014, 11:30:08 PM MT

Ross Przybylski

Dear Hero Mages Community,

To help with loading times of forums, leaderboards, and game lists, I've migrated Hero Mages to a new server dubbed "Nimbus" - a core i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHZ with 16GB RAM and SSD harddrive.

Truth be told, the real culprit is the rather complex MySQL script I have running to tally up every detail regarding stats (this is why longtime players like WorldChamp take FOREVER to load). Until I have a chance to resolve this with a smarter, caching algorithm or something, however, the new server should result in a noticeably faster experience.

My thanks to all those still playing and enjoying the game!

~Ross
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Scribe

Leaderboards, game list and player stats are all significantly faster. Thumbs up, Ross!

digitalblacksmith

Seems to be working well.  I am a sysadmin by trade so if you need help let me know, I specialize in Cloud migrations so if you want to get out to a EC2/RDS I can help you there :)
Anything to keep the game smooth and running!

fjp500

Im not sure is this post belongs in this part of the forum, but i was wondering if it was possible to develop a 1v1 on same device option. i love this game but i would like to be able to play my friends on my tablet without needing two devices connected tot he internet.