News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Where's the undo button!!!

Started by Scribe, August 11, 2014, 10:13:35 PM MT

Scribe

Fellow players,

Have you ever stared in disbelief at what you just played? Been amazed at your own blunders? Uttered in shock "what the hell was I thinking?" In short, wished there was an undo button?

I have.

So if you don't mind a bit of self deprecation, please share your stories. I'll feel less lonely and stupid. And we may even have a laugh in the process!

I'll go first with my biggest of late:
I was playing a game against Archancient (#81507). It seemed a pretty good start for me, having taken down his barbarian without damage. But Archancient is no rookie. He soon had me gasping, my mage with one HP left and a revived barbarian on his heels...
This is when (devilish me) I devised a subtle move combination allowing one of my guardians to kill the barbarian, my mage to flash adjacent to his and to attack him, and finally to cast a blizzard, stunning his two characters. Ha!
The following second I realized how stupid it was to place my 1 HP mage adjacent to a stunned... fighter mage! who could still move and attack...
And I don't get the newcomer excuse: I logged way over 50 games playing a fighter mage. Even worse: one turn before this blunder I used this very ability to escape after being stunned by Archancient!
Pitiful, that's all it is.

So, any other volunteer?

Cragralanche

I suppose for the sake of the forums i will share a sad story on my part. i was facing someone a while back cant remember who but anyway i had taken out their psion and wizzy and had only a 1 hp barb to deal with who had bloodlust so my bard was at two hp and next to barb me rugue had 1 hp and was within 5 spaces of barb and my hexed sorc had 1 hp and was 4 spaces away from rogue what was so bad was i still had sorc move so ya you guys can guess what happened.