News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

GenCon Indy 2009

Started by Ross Przybylski, July 21, 2009, 03:16:16 AM MT

Ross Przybylski

GenCon Report

What can I say?  Gen Con was a blast!  Probably one of the most exciting moments of my life- a convergence of all our hard work finally paying off and dreams coming true!

How do I even begin to list the exciting things that happened?  Here’s some of the highlights in a somewhat linear order:

• Children and adult gamers alike playing the game together, enjoying every moment, and shaking hands with a “Good game!” finale in a truly sportsmen like fashion (fyi the kids inevitably win, lol)

• Being interviewed by several online journalists who recognized the potential of Hero Mages including CheapAssGamers (https://www.cheapassgamers.com/) the Wandering Geek (www.wanderinggeek.com) and one other who didn’t leave a business card- although I remember my interviewer’s first name was Bas (if anyone hears it, let me know!)

• Meeting two of our community members in person- JessHartley and tyyrslady- it was such a pleasure seeing you both and I was just thrilled that you came by and visited

• Meeting Derk Solko, the Co-Creator of boardgamegeek.com and geekdo.com â€" how awesome is that?!

• Gaining many new die-hard fans- some of our booth visitors stopped by 3-5 times because they just couldn’t get enough of Hero Mages- Kelly and I can’t wait to play you guys online!  Shout out when you make your accounts!

• Tim Harris, CEO of Seven Lights and the creator of “The Continuum” visited our booth to check out the progress I’ve made with Hero Mages since I first showed him the prototype last year at GenCon 2008.  It was wonderful seeing you again, Tim!  I also got to meet long-time Continuum fans Soxrobin and Eviljames.  Soxrobin won the demo game and scored a free hero pack.  It was so great to meet you guys- hope to see you online!

• Meeting a former employee of Leisure Hours Hobbies of Joliet, IL who told me he stopped in recently and was told about Hero Mages by one of the current employees there.  I am so happy to see my favorite hobby store (and supplier of all the miniatures and dungeon pieces that inspired Hero Mages) is promoting my game!

• Having the most painful blisters and sores of my feet, being barely able to talk anymore, and not caring at all!

• Meeting a family of four (mom, dad, son, and daughter) who all play games together sit down for a match of Hero Mages (sis beat bro for the free hero pack, but he still got the mousepad) â€" We can’t wait to see them playing online with us!

• Meeting the most adorable young girl gamer (you can see her smack talk her opponent on our Facebook Fan Page) â€" it’s a hard toss up to decide my favorite part of Gen Con, but if I had to choose, watching these two play against each other was probably it- the way these two strangers playfully bantered each other during the game was just hysterical

• Hearing the news that two of our booth visitors had just gotten engaged the night before at the Gen Con Masquerade Ball!  Congrats!

• Being amazed by the wide diversity of gamers playing together and enjoying Hero Mages â€" Gen Con truly boasts an amazing group of people and it was such a pleasure to meet each and every one of you!

Truly, this was the most awesome week for Kelly and I.  I have no doubts that we’ll be seeing a surge of players as a result of our exhibition.  Treat our new members well, Hero Mages fans, and I shall continue to deliver the best free online gaming experience.  Let the world know we exist!  Shout out and let your voices be heard!

Kelly running a demo game with some very excited players

Our young heroine mocking her opponent: "You will die!"  For a video of her smack-talk check out our Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=102112903133173&ref=mf

Another game demo- our fans just can't get enough!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

diesburgm

Ross your GenCon interview with CheapAssGamer is online at https://caneuman.blip.tv/

Ross Przybylski

That's awesome!  They've even got us #1 on their playlist above Dragon's Age- I mean, how cool is that?!  Thanks so much cheapassgamers!  We are so honored you noticed us and we hope to see you online for some games!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

JormiBoced

Unfortunately I think I just breezed past your booth at Gen Con, but I am glad I heard about you on the Wandering Geek Podcast.