News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Hero Ideas/Requests

Started by tors10, August 20, 2009, 06:24:50 PM MT

tors10

I've heard a few requests to change the rouge. I agree. He should be renamed the Ranger/Marksman/Archer

If you were to implement a rouge character, I would like to see any of the following:

Backstab - Either as a passive buff to attacks to a characters back.
Throwing Knife - distance limited (4 squares?) ranged attack. (probably discard?)
Evasion/Dodge - either reduction to dice rolls again him (anti-bard) or nullifying hits that land for every single digit roll that accompanies (so with 14d, a [2,15,19] would do 1 damage)

Since there is already a Healing Magic Type, a Cleric would be nice.

+1 to all healing spells as a base ability
Some kind of combat buff +1 attack or defense? as a secondary ability
no idea what the 10 valor would be
Perhaps a 3-4 card resurrect as a 15 valor? (would that be way OP?)

I would also like to see a Dark Knight, Suiccubus (low # of attacks, but steals life), and A witch character.

tors10

I was thinking that a Giant/Ogre/Conan type character would be cool.

Basically, I see him as a barbarian type character, with only 3-4 attacks, and a knockback ability.

If you are up against a wall/another character, the knockback would count as another 2-3d attack (also against the person who is being knocked into). If you were not, you would be knocked into the adjacent/diagonal space

A dwarf character, with a high life/hp, but only a short attack (4-5 strength?).
He could also possibly the trap making type...

A unit that attacks in 2 or all directions. The obvious choice would be a hydra.

A druid/dryad. Character. Maybe also a slow effect, and a poison (I'm not ripping off WC3, really!)

Slightquills

I second the Knockback ability. It sounds more like a card spending ability.

I also second an evasion/dodge ability, but I think it should require opposed dice rolls so it can't be relied on. The difficulty of this evasion roll would simply be the number on the attack roll. It should only be limited to two dice though.

or a "Luck" type of evasion where only one die is rolled against the highest attack die. If it beats it only one damage is taken.

I had a great idea for a unit, but alas, I have since forgotten.

Baker

Here's my take on a new hybrid hero mage and some potential guardians:

Fallen Angel
0 Str
14 Def
6/6 HP

0 Valor -  (Passive) Unholy Motivation: Recovery spells cost 1 more mana to cast. Fallen Angel recieves  +1 Str for each space moved until end of turn.
5 Valor - (Cost 1 Card and 1 Valor) Edict: Inflict 2 damage on target visible ally, Fallen Angel recieves +1 Str, Def, or HP permanently
10 Valor - (Cost 2 Cards) Eclipse: All characters recieve -1 str and -2 def until the start of your turn.
15 Valor - (Passive) Dark Ascension: Fallen Angel's movement increases to 8 and may move over, but not land on, walls and other characters.

It would be pretty sweet if at 15 valor the character model changed to have wings and some sort of darker look.

Doomsayer
3 Str
14 Def
6/6 HP

Temporary Insanity - (Cost 1 Card) Target enemy character performs an attack on a surrounding character.
Incite Fear - (Passive) Doomsayer's Str becomes the distance between the target and its nearest ally. (Stays at 3 if no other allies present)

This one is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. You won't place your characters next to each other since that will leave you open for the first ability, and if you move too far apart, the doomsayer's passive will...hurt.

Forgotten Knight
3 Str
13 Def
5/5 HP

Incorporeal - (Passive) Only odd numbered rolls can damage the Forgotten Knight.
Phantom Strike - (Cost 2 Cards) Until end of turn, characters hit by the Forgotten Knight may no longer recover HP for the remainder of the game.