News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Hero Mages Board Game

Started by Glenn, August 20, 2009, 10:05:45 PM MT

Glenn

Anyone else think that this game would sell if it was released as an actual board game. I think it would. There wouldn't be that many pieces and the game doesn't take that long to play.

the only problem i would have with a physical board game would be figuring out the correct 'line of sight' because sometimes i get hit and i never see it coming.

any other opinions out there?

Ross Przybylski

Hi Glenn, and welcome to the community!  As a matter of fact, Hero Mages started as an actual board game.  We had a full prototype with printed cards and everything.  All of the heroes were represented by hand painted Reaper miniatures.  It was mainly due to the costs of manufacturing and the difficulties of selling a physical product that my friend suggested we take the online route (which has served us well so far).  However, I still dream of producing Hero Mages as an actual boardgame someday- and should we gather enough interest from the community- that may just happen!  I'll get some picks online of the prototype for you guys soon- in the meantime- what does everyone else think?
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Finjinimo

I imagine you might have some success if you made the boardgame available for purchase from this site. There is something to be said for games that allow you to actually sit down at the same table as your friends and belt each other around a bit, in a friendly manner of course, hahaha.

It could also be worth having them as special edition prizes for online tournaments. Win a tournie and get your very own hard copy of the game sent to you, that would certainly interest a player like myself. Online rewards are great, but something physical for me to grasp and show my friends, now that really would be something special.

Ross Przybylski

I'm proud to announce Hero Mages is going to be published as a board game!

https://www.gamesalute.com/?p=27537

Kin

Physical board game! Awesome! Any idea how much it's going to cost? And how will LOS work? It would also be awesome if we can get some online non-game-influencing bonus for buying the physical copy like alternative sprites.

Ross Przybylski

We're just starting the design process- more details to come soon!  ;D

Flux Cobalt

Congrats on the board game Ross. That's a board that I will be buying.

Zelanius Forcys

Been about half a year since I last came back to Heroes Mages. Was just wondering, how is the board game going? Could not find any other news on it.

Slump

Any update on this at all? Kickstarter is your friend :)