News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Team laddering system

Started by Joshua, August 22, 2009, 12:31:53 AM MT

Joshua

Hello all,

I thought I would start a tournament for team battles. And I assume most of you know what the laddering system is.

i.e.

___T1___

v.s.               ___T1 (winner)___        

___T2___

v.s.
___T3___

v.s.               ___T3 (winner)___        

___T4___

Find a team mate and post your names in this topic, along with your team name.

The first tournament will start next weekend, and I'll be in charge.

Joshua

Turkish

when are you going to try to do this? Cuz i'm intrigued... :)

Joshua

Maybe it's something that Ross should organize or implement into the game. And maybe the winner team gets the 1st prize, and the runner up gets 2nd prize etc..

Ross Przybylski

Well, we don't quite have a tournament feature built in yet, but that is an amazing concept we would love to have as an in-game feature.  How cool would it be to actually see the tree in the game interface, schedule times for your matches, and even give spectators the opportunity to see contestants battle it out?

As the community grows you can bet we will be working to develop this; in the meantime, feel free to use the forums to sponsor your own tournaments (as Joshua has started doing here) and we'll use your feedback and suggestions to help build the in-game tools you need for tournaments in the coming months.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Turkish

I just had a long convo with Diesbudt, about many things, and through this conversation i realized that if we do a tourney it should be a "best of" thing, like first few rounds best of 3 then final: same or "of 5" i don't know. Just putting it together sounds more fair that way. Downside: huge time commitment. But i think luck is too big a factor for single elim duels... Just my opinion. Do with it what you will friends.

diesbudt

Well We could do a bracket of "best of" or we could do Winner/loser bracket (i.e. you must lose twice to be eliminated).  But right now we need many more teams to sign up. SO you people out there start making teams!

Turkish

yeah we could do like pool play in 4 groups (or even 2 if only 8 ppl sign up) and then pull a double elim. it can easily be worked out, and nothing special would need to be done, as long as we had someone to monitor times and such, and to track results. It could even be done on the forums. Really want this to happen, and sadly i'll be lucky to get a win! :)