News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Named Mages and Guardians

Started by Finjinimo, August 24, 2009, 09:10:05 AM MT

Finjinimo

I've grown quite fond of my rogue... and all my little fellows. I see already that we are tracking their performance, games played etc.

I'm inclined to give my little peeps nicknames anyway, so I thought it would be kind of groovy if there was a way we could explore this in game.

Perhaps it could be accomplishment based. So when a unit has managed to kill 100 others, you unlock the ability to give them a nickname which appears in game, and on their stat card.

There would have to be guidelines to make sure that the names given were not offensive and what not.

I just think a way to give our troops a little personal touch would add something quite groovy to this game.

Finjinimo

On a similar note, it could be kind of cool if our favorite character, taken from our profile page (I assume this is most used character?) was used as a title for the player.

So if I love to use my barbarian, then I would be known as Finjinimo the Barbarian on my profile page.

Finjinimo the Rogue etc.

I think something like that might be a bit funky too.

Ross Przybylski

We thought this might be something you would enjoy... :)

As a result of this anticipation, we track each hero as its own record in the database, certainly allowing eventual support for nicknames and possibly even custom appearance and/or aesthetic upgrades that would be, as you put it, excellent ideas for rewards or accomplishments within the game.

Per your second request, we don't show a custom title on the player card yet, but we do indicate your favorite hero- so feel free to poke around your buddies' profiles for all their interesting stats until we can get this built in for ya.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

diesbudt

One idea i could see is look on the hero leaderboard. My Fighter Mage has decimated many opponents... I could see  {Diesbudt, The Fighter mage}. ;)

Finjinimo

Quote from: diesbudt on August 27, 2009, 02:46:52 AM MT
One idea i could see is look on the hero leaderboard. My Fighter Mage has decimated many opponents... I could see  {Diesbudt, The Fighter mage}. ;)

That's the idea yeah!