News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Battle History

Started by Finjinimo, August 27, 2009, 03:49:40 AM MT

Finjinimo

It might be kind of groovy, and make it easier to spot people playing alts, if we had a battle history.

A place which recorded Battle # | Game Type | Opposition | Win/loss | Duration

Not sure where you would store this info, but it could be nifty to have access to those types of results.

diesbudt

Well considering, Ross should be able to track IP address, and he already said in a different forum post that alternate accounts are not allowed, I don't think alt accounts are a big deal.

BUT a battle history... that would be nice, that way i can keep tally all my joshua kills.

Finjinimo

Yes. It might be easy enough to track alts through IP addresses etc, however, it becomes even harder to hide if you have a battle history. It also means that the community can spot alt farmers and report them.

If a battle history of one player shows that they only ever play against one other account, and they always lose to that account, then anyone in the community looking over that battle history could flag them for Ross to deal with.

But, a Battle History list is also useful for bragging rights, and tracking the types of games you've been successful/unsuccessful in, and the players you have been successful/unsuccessful against.

Mostly it would be so you can track your own growth and achievements. That is the main focus of it. The ability to use it to keep tabs on peeps using alts is an aside.

Joshua

lol @ dies

if you're going to implement this, add the follow so-far-tallys for me and dies:

Number of times i killed diesbudt = 23
and the number of tiems diesbudt killed me.. hrmm i don't recall him killing me, oh wait.. maybe once, because I allowed it

Finjinimo

I just crashed and burned on the leaderboard, having lost a string of matches.

I went from 9th... to 220th.

Now, that was quite an impressive losing streak on my behalf, it would be kind of groovy if it was available to me somewhere so I could look and ponder and work out why everything went so badly.

I think I have it worked out, but I am sure something like a battle history would help cement that info for me. I got slammed in a few FFA and Team matches, so I am sure I can regain some kudos by dueling for a bit. But yes, it would be kind of cool if I could see at a glance that all of the games I have been losing recently have been FFA against Codymonk and Helpicantfly for example.

Ross Przybylski

You will all be happy to know that we already track Battle History in the game (including time of the match, duration, who participated, gametype, ranked or unranked, and which player(s) won).  I would be glad to add this to the game interface for you so that you can view your game records.  This should hopefully ready by next version release or the one after (depending on the difficulty of creating the GUI).

I also concur with Finjinimo that this will certainly help spot possible stat-padders and those who would abuse the system by playing multiple accounts.  It also gives you a little more info about the type of player your opponent is, which is also a good thing.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

diesbudt

Josh... its currently 2-2

2-1 technically, cuz i made a stupid fatal mistake first time we played...

Than 1-1 Technically cuz you are calling my 6 damage Disintegrate pure luck.

but yea Fin, you lose alot more points in a FFA or team  than you would in a duel.  Because in teams you lose 2x (1x to each opponent) and than FFA if your last you lose points to all 3, if your 3rd you gain points from 4th but lose points to 1st and 2nd. (and so on).

Joshua

Oh, so none of the FFA counts? lol

Yea, 2-2 seems fair. That first match we played was a good match too, yea your mistake was making your mage within the reach of FM and the disintegrate (muhaha) - i bet that'll give you nightmares for the rest of your gaming career lol

Ross Przybylski

@diesbudt, @Joshua- You guys crack me up!  Don't worry, all of your previous battles were recorded so you'll be able to go back and resolve this dispute once we've got the Battle History built into the game interface.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Finjinimo

That's excellent. Thanks Ross.