News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

4 Player Team Game - Error on 8/27

Started by Kelly, August 27, 2009, 07:10:56 PM MT

Kelly

Hi!

We had a 4-player team game going with myself, diesbudt, joebob, and Turkish (sorry; don't remember the #s you all had in your registered names), and it seemed somehow diesbudt either disconnected himself or he got disconnected, then it was Turkish's turn and he/she could not move and the game locked up. I had an error message pop up on my screen that said something about Imprison spell, which was cast on diesbudt turn. Wanted to report this because then I even had trouble exiting the game and automatically entering the lobby, I had to completely start over with signing into heromages.com. It was quite a good game, tho! :)

Thanks! 8)
Kelly

diesbudt

So sorry about that, my schools Internet flickered and I lost connection.  Though I never did cast Imprision... that is an interesting bug though. Usually when someone disconnects they just dissappear or it bugs when it is on their turn.

bloodyraven

Game Started
diesbudt's  turn has started
diesbudt: Sweet i have it
diesbudt: how many summons do u have in your hand
diesbudt: ?
bloodyraven: 1
diesbudt: ok
diesbudt's Fighter Mage moves from (6, 9) to (8, 8)
diesbudt's Fighter Mage sprints from (8, 8) to (7, 7)
diesbudt's  turn has ended
bloodyraven's  turn has started
bloodyraven's Sorceress moves from (6, 1) to (8, 2)
diesbudt: once u get a second summon tell me
diesbudt: you can discard by clicking on spell and than the X on it
diesbudt: and draw 3 new ones
bloodyraven's  turn has ended
diesbudt: ok I have 2 now
diesbudt's Fighter Mage casts Crystal Golem on (6, 5)
bloodyraven: i have 3 summons
diesbudt: ok summon one on your turn
bloodyraven's Sorceress casts Iron Golem on (7, 4)
diesbudt: on your next turn summon a new one
diesbudt's Fighter Mage casts Imprison on bloodyraven's Iron Golem
bloodyraven's Sorceress casts Earth Elemental on (5, 5)
bloodyraven's Iron Golem has been removed from play
diesbudt: And now its broken
diesbudt: :D
diesbudt: now how do I save the log...
diesbudt: well if you wanna exit game and see if you can get ross in here to tell me how t
diesbudt: o save it

Ross Przybylski

So sorry for the inconvenience everyone- we'll do our best to get these issues ironed out.  It definately seems like there are problems revolving around Imprison and disconnects (which should be easy to identify).  Other causes for lockups like these are sync errors (which explains why you can still communicate).

I'm very appreciative of everyone's patience and willingness to help by providing information like screens and game logs.  Just an FYI, to copy the game log, click on the log text, right click and select all, copy, and paste the log into a text file.  Then, you can add the text file as an attachment to your forum post (this also works for screenshots).

In the future, it would also help to see the opposing player's game log so I can compare and see where the sync error is occuring.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Ross Przybylski

Nunca Morir, here's a screenshot of that game that froze and the last snippet of the log:

diesbudt's Wizard casts Crystal Golem on (5, 8)
diesbudt's Crystal Golem attacks Nunca Morir's Samurai with  dice roll of [17,15,11,5]
diesbudt earns 3 of 3 possible Valor for attacking enemy units this round
Nunca Morir's Samurai loses 1 life
diesbudt's Wizard casts Sleep on Nunca Morir's Psionist
diesbudt's Wizard uses Meditate
diesbudt's Wizard moves from (7, 2) to (10, 2)
Nunca Morir's  turn has started

I gather from the other players that you did see the Crystal Golem on your side, so the error occured somewhere after that.  Do you recall if any of the events after the Crystal Golem did not happen on your screen?
Manager of D20Studios, LLC