News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Obligatory Awesome Move Thread

Started by Baker, July 23, 2009, 08:15:43 PM MT

Baker

So we've all experienced, in a good way or a bad way, some ridiculous attacks or general shenanigans...so post em' here. I'll start:

Killing a Samurai with a Dispel Magic
Killing 4 characters in a turn with a Barbarian
Failing to kill a Crippled character at 4 hps with 11 attacks
Watching the leading player in a 1v1v1v1 getting booted by the swear filter

That's off the top of my head...I'm sure there's more

Kelly

Wait...how did you kill a Samurai with a Dispel Magic card? Was he brought back to life with 1 life or something?

Baker

Earlier he used Bloom on his Samurai to give him +1 Health. I hit the Samurai down to 1/6 HPs and then used dispel magic to revmove the +1 Health effect resulting is one dead Samurai.

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: Baker on July 23, 2009, 08:15:43 PM MT
Watching the leading player in a 1v1v1v1 getting booted by the swear filter

LOL - yes, we should probably be a bit more specific on the adminstrator warning for swearing.  We hope this didn't upset any players, but that is pretty funnny.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Sepherra

- Being thwarted...repeatedly...by my nemesis...the Soul Reaver- she just DOESN'T DIE!!
- Winning a game with Touch of Death as your final play

Ross Przybylski

- A skeleton warrior that manages to survive over 20 dice rolls- including an attack from a bloodlusted barbarian
- A samurai you would think had lost all hope after losing his mage who instead goes on a hero and summon killing rampage, earning a memorable place in the leaderboard before being eviscerated by another samurai

Joshua

Quote- A skeleton warrior that manages to survive over 20 dice rolls- including an attack from a bloodlusted barbarian

My good ol' skeleton, blocking every attack that came from Ross. He finally dies as a hero by an attack from Ross's teammate. A good laugh this was.

Quote- A samurai you would think had lost all hope after losing his mage who instead goes on a hero and summon killing rampage, earning a memorable place in the leaderboard before being eviscerated by another samurai

Indeed, I also witnessed this too! That samurai was the true "Last Samurai", and he didn't die in vain

Crimson Avenger

Just finished a match with Ross and Jkim, and had my Air Elemental survive attack after attack after attack from Ross's Skeles, magic, and attacks!  We lasted a good 10 rounds before he was finally taken out by a cheap shot with a skele XP

My worst moment? Having a player's last character cornered by two summons and my two guardians, only to have my game crash ='{... that wasn't fun for me =P

Ross Przybylski

That last game with Crimson and jkim was particularly intense!  After managing to defeat jkim's Fighter Mage in the first turn (Psychic Blast + Demonic Lash + Finishing Shot + Luck) I earned the wrath of both players who then hunted down and slaughtered my poor guardians and surrounded my Summoner.  A teleport spell bought me some time until Crimon made a bold move to destroy me with that acursed Air Elemental.  In response, I summoned a horde of skeletons, hacked down his mage, and retreated- ultimately protecting myself by imprisoning my own mage.  The next time my Summoner was surrounded, I was prepared with a disintegrate spell- woe to that poor Bard who faced that firey end!  Eventually it was down to the Crimson's Rogue, and at last my Crystal Golem exacted sweet revenge in a final killing blow.  How my Summoner managed to survive the whole ordeal completely astonishes me- but she earned over 50 valor that game and earned a place on page 1 of the Hero leaderboards for it!

Ross Przybylski

- Iron Golem + Summoning Mastery + Bloodlust = SUPER GOLEM
- Having your super golem wreck havoc
- Having your super golem destroyed and your forces all but crushed
- Having your super golem make a triumphant return and exact harsh vengeance!

ElDogg1982

Having two guardians defeated, two full teams against me, and my sorceress was still laying down the law.  After Meteor Storming 2/3 of my opponents, then lightning bolting 1/2, entagling 2/3, then deftly moving her to safety. Did I mentioned she was cornered?  Best single round ever.

Teamhurt

I just won after being on the ropes and close to death.  I was surrounded by an elemental,paladin and a sami. I only had my sorc with 2 hps left. BOOM! blizzard and meteor shower destroyed the board for the win.

diesbudt

Only one I can think of at the moment was early in the game.

I had a +1 STR buff on my warrior, gave him the buff of a bard and the +3 STR/DEF spell and failed to land more than 3 hits out of a total of 12 attacks (6x2) + bard hit buff, and less def. on his hero.

tors10

I do have a few favorites.

+2 Attacks with the Samurai while inspired.
+2 Defense on the Soul Reaver

I had an awesome battle yesterday, where I killed 2 wizards in 1 turn with my Sorceress.
I also managed to finish off a Mage with a samurai that I resurrected next to a mage. His special took her out. 

rokendo

Samurais rock.

I did something similar. I revived a Samurai next to Fighter Mage who had ~ 3hp. The samurai took him out. He then went around on 1 life to slay the Guardian Warrior and Paladin winning me the game.