News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

PM Sound

Started by Finjinimo, August 30, 2009, 06:47:07 AM MT

Finjinimo

Considering how often we sit idle in the lobby waiting for someone to come in, often perusing other websites, checking emails etc, I thought it might be a good idea to have a little chime sound when someone sends us a pm.

That way if people are hanging about and want to check if I am still around, then they could send me a pm to alert me to the fact that peeps are in the lobby waiting for me.

It'd be nifty to be able to send players pm's from chat as well I think. So you can communicate from the lobby to players in game via pm's. There might already be a way to do this, but I haven't worked it out yet.

Ross Przybylski

As a matter of fact, we had already planned to include this in the next release :)  Expect to see it soon!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Finjinimo

Yep, remember to ensure it's a "reminder" sound and not an "alarm" sound. There's nothing more frustrating then to be working on something in another browser while someone is sending you a horde of pm's and having them smacking you in the face everytime they do so. It's also a wee bit awkward if your boss is in the room trying to explain that you need to make better use of your time...

But yes, a nice little chime would be nice. I see from the player enter and exit sounds in the lobby that you've already got a handle on this concept though, so no worries eh? hahaha.