News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

A few ideas

Started by Warmage, September 03, 2009, 09:43:48 PM MT

Warmage

Just a few ideas I had that I think may be interesting.

Perhaps future units or even existing ones get an ability that cost a card to use but it is only a once a game ability. I am thinking something along the lines of a warrior unit gets "axe throw" and is allowed one time to make a distance attack.

I like the shared deck of cards and how it works in this game so I don't really care for having custom decks, but perhaps later on it might be interesting to be able to pick ONE special card or something. Obviously nothing overpowered but something small that may allow you to sorta personalize your mage a little.

I am not one to seek a lot of change in a game, I think it takes lots of playing to get a good grip on the full potential of any unit or combo so change or additions should be small and slow. Like I see allot of people talk about first round mage kills which I personally have never had happen to me and don't think I have ever done and im a rushing fool lol.

diesbudt

Maybe A change on Warmages Ideas. Like a once a game ability that is a LoS (strong attack) that costs more than 1 card.

(Like 5 STR +1 attack for 2 cards) First it is a strong attack, but it isn't too strong because just like the Rogues finishing shot. It doesn't get bonus from the Bard's Inspiration or STR modifications. And also the draw back, using this will use up your attack for the turn.

It could be very clutch of a hero running away (as you can sprint and ability) that is weakened, and you know if he gets LoS, he will heal/turn game around on ya.

Overall I think it would be an idea to think about for the future, not now though. Keeping the game simple as is, as it continues to grow.