News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Interesting bugs and honorable players

Started by Aerotheos, September 04, 2009, 09:05:20 PM MT

Aerotheos

I just played a wonderful ranked 2v2 game with Turkish against ook and jbjennie.  Jbjennie was knocked out early due mostly to an unfortunate fireball, but ook managed to keep us on our heals, and most likely would have won were it not for a glitch (see screenshot).  Ook's had a flesh golem imprisoned in a "magical barrier".  He could not get to Turkish's mage without exposing himself to my samurai, so he moved and then cast a Water Elemental to the summoner's left.  This prompted an already known bug that creates an invisible wall on a square previously occupied by a magic barrier.  This move created a second glitch in that not only did the Water Elemental never appear, but the game stopped counting down, and ook was unable to do anything other than chat.  Other moves, End Turn, and even Surrender were not functioning for him or anyone else.

Let me reiterate that ook had the game all but won, only to have a nasty glitch cut short his hopes.  Turkish and I should have volunteered to surrender, but ook was gracious when we were (or at lease I was) selfish.  Without even asking for us to give him the win he deserved, he clicked surrender.

I know this is a flash game, but honor is honor, and ook is oOK in my book. 

Cheers, Aerotheos

diesbudt

Yes, aero I have already discovered this bug with my cousin, and Have posted and told ross, and I think that is one of the "imprission" bugs he is fixing. 

Ross Przybylski

Thanks for posting this Aerotheos.  First off, I am very sorry for the troubles this glitch caused you- rest assured- this has already been corrected in v1.2.0 (which should be available later this weekend or early next week- we're doing some testing on it tonight).  More importantly, I think it's just fantastic what you said about ook.  Most gamers are pretty selfish (especially when they're in the zone) and good sportsmanship like that says a lot about the quality of our community.  Glad to have you with us.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Turkish

I also would like to say: Cheers to OOK!! He had that game within his grasp, only 2 things could've prevented his victory: bad luck (he had 2 rolls to kill my mage, or it woulda gotten ugly) or a glitch. Aero is right, we should've dropped that game, but pride got in our way. But that pride I have is also in playing along side those like ook and Aero. Two guys I run across frequently and couldn't be happier to play against, or even lose to. Great bunch of people on Heromages. If theres a bad egg amongst the bunch, I don't believe i've yet to meet them. Cheers ook!

Turkish

Ross Przybylski

Manager of D20Studios, LLC