News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Skittles Reinvented

Started by diesbudt, October 12, 2009, 06:13:58 PM MT

diesbudt

In August a game idea was started where it was a 4 man FFA with no walls. I think it was called it a Mexican stand-off. After hearing of this Joshua reinvented it to not only be wall-less, but have all units start sporadically across the board. We called it Skittles!!!!! As Joshua is no longer here…

I have brought Skittles!!!!! Back.

For those interested in trying this game (It has helped numerous people get better at the game with fast decision making) here are my rules

-30s Turn timer
-Unranked
-FFA (4 players is best but can be done with 2-3)
-If all that is left is 2/3/4 guardians (1 by 2/3/4 different players) and 1 (or both) are paladins, they may no longer use Combat healing.

Just ask me for a game of skittles if you see me in the lobby.

Ross Przybylski

For all our newcomers, Skittles gets its name from the rainbow of colored units scattered across the map.  See here for a screenshot of a "Skittles" map layout:

https://heromages.com/forums/index.php?topic=33.msg399#msg399
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

diesbudt

For anyone that reads this and wonders what good is skittles for:

Hero mages isn't as much pre planned strategy, as it is reacted strategy. You constantly have to change your idea/plan as your opponent moves, this will not only help teach you to react without thinking with the best possible move options and quicken your turns in games so you won't have to use all 2 minutes (Basic time used) in a game anymore.

(Also there is a mini version me and Joshua created where everything but 12 tiles [in a rectangle] are covered by walls, so its a closed in melee rumble.) I call it Mini M&Ms.