Can't log in for longer than 2 seconds suddenly.

Started by Alderon, October 15, 2009, 04:01:47 AM MT

Alderon

As a lot of the more active people know I have been playing this game a lot for the past couple of weeks. Well literally just tonight an odd thing suddenly happened. Not 10 minutes before I was logged in just fine, observing a FFA game hosted by Baker. I exited it and suddenly lost connection. Odd, but not unknown, it's happened a couple of times. So I try to log back in, I get on and bam, disconnected again. I check my connection, it's fine. I restart my browser, no problems there. So I try again. Same result. Which leads me to believe I may of suddenly had my account blocked or some such. If this is the case, I would ask why, as I have never engaged in anything underhanded and my love of this game is enormous, I would be very sorry if I was suddenly unable to continue. Please help with this, it's very frustrating.

diesbudt

doubt its blocked, could be a problem in your flash, or the host server is acting up again.

Ross Przybylski

Alderon-

We certainly have not blocked or suspended service to your account.  We have not changed any settings on the server, either.  Given the "all of a sudden" nature of the problem, I suspect the problem may have been a series of short disruptions in your internet service and/or hiccups in your OS.  Are you aware of any recent updates to your computer?  Perhaps unknowingly through automatic windows updates?

When Maltross's connections started acting up, he'd mentioned his computer crashed/rebooted and ever since then had the issue (though his problem is inability to connect altogether).  Please keep us informed of the status of the issue and let us know whatever additional information you can so we can resolve the problem.

~Ross
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Alderon

I am back online with no problems. I think it was actually my recently installed anti-virus doing something hidden behind the scenes. Thank you anyway, panicked last night.  ::)

Ross Przybylski

Glad to hear things are working for you again, Alderon!

Alderon

They sure are! Now, come play a game with me Ross!  :P

Ross Przybylski

Alderon-

I'd love to play a match!  Sorry I missed you- I actually signed on last night and this afternoon to play a game with you- but it seems you'd just left the lobby when I got in.  I'll be on for a bit tonight sometime between 7 and 9 central daylight time- hopefully I find you.

~Ross

Alderon

Good gams last night Ross, now how about adding in a script that all of Ald's rolls have +1 automatically, just to level the playing field!  ::)