Deleting Accounts / Multiple Accounts Policy

Started by Ross Przybylski, October 30, 2009, 10:00:16 PM MT

Ross Przybylski

If you would like your Hero Mages account deleted, please email admin@heromages.com with a request to delete the account using the email address associated with your account.

We've had some concerns regarding the deletion of accounts associated with the same IP; rest assured, it's ok to sign up your mom, dad, brother, sister, husband, wife, etc.  in the same house and all play together. 

Our policy is one account per person, with the aim being to discourage cheating, abusing the ranking system, or otherwise mispresenting your identity in ways that would hurt our gaming community (such as playing a team game with yourself and/or purposively teamkilling or playing two copies of yourself to gain unfair advantages).

We carefully investigate suspected abuse and won't delete accounts unless we perceive a harm to the community.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Alderon

Back when I very first joined the game, I made a few seperate accounts because I simply didn't know any better and I wanted to test the game out against myself, if you see what I mean. I've not been on them in forever and I don't even remember the account names or passwords, but they exist, somewhere.

Rest assured I will never log into anything other than my main account from now and forever onwards.

Ross Przybylski

Rest assured, account activity is closely monitored.  The reason we are don't allow multiple accounts is to prevent fraudulant behavior and cheating so that the gameplay is fair and fun for everyone.  So long as you've stopped using former accounts, you should be just fine.

kefkam

i dont know whats the problem if i want to use another account.

i have all the extras, and some people doesnt.

i usually dont to play random heroes, but some people who has only basic characteres only plays random.

and when i play them in random, i want to play them with the basics characters.

maybe could be an option to deactivate the extras.

Ross Przybylski

Kefkam- you raise a good point about random hero games.  I can see especially in games like Circle of Slaughter being at a disadvantage starting with the wizard/summoner when the Fighter Mage has clear advantage in his protection from being stunned.  Deactivating characters is one possibility, though if players could do this, it would somewhat defeat purpose of random.  For example, a guest will always get Sorceress/Paladin/Warrior regardless.

Perhaps random heroes shouldn't be an option (always leave it up to the player to be able to pick which heroes they want - including random).  Or, maybe we need a way to ensure mages are protected in the first round of Circle matches so playing with the wizard/summoner will not put you at a disadvantage.

SHODAI

Ross

I disagree, because like this, you are giving a feature, which belongs to FM, to Sorc and wizz, but FM doesnt get anything with it. So, be stunned is a part of disadvs of sorc and wizz, and they must be in battlefield not only with their features, but also with theirs weakness, there is a reason why FM is imunne to be stunned.

So, I think it is a little bit unfair make sorc and wizz immune to be stunned, even only the first turn, they don't have this feat. It's like  give FM the ability to get  extra Mana, or use LB or Fireball as an ability.