News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Dice glitch

Started by AdolfTickler, November 03, 2009, 07:36:43 AM MT

AdolfTickler

Has anyone else noticed a glitch with damage calculations? I just played a game against a Samurai who was rolled 2 20's and an 18 and then all low numbers like 9 and 6 against a warrior. The damage came out to +4. The samurai's dice also don't show up green like the bard's. Am I misunderstanding the nature of his passive skill? Show me the light please!

diesbudt

I am confused what you really mean...

The sami's passive is he does +2 damage whenever he hits.

If he hits with 1 dice he does 3 damage to target unit
If he hits with 2 dice he does 4 damage to target unit
If he hits with 3 dice he does 5 damage to target unit

But no unit may ever do more damage than its Strength.  So if the sami has 3 STR, and hits with 3 dice, he still only does 3 damage.

Ross Przybylski

Dies is correct- for units like the Samurai and Earth Elemental and spells like Demonic Lash that have damage bonus- at least one dice must successfully hit.  If it does, you add the additional damage bonus (but total damage may never exceed strength of the attack).

See here for more clarification:
https://heromages.com/gameInfo/howToPlay/gameMechanics.html#attack
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

diesbudt

Also the green is for inspiration bard-like effects where the dice have a modifier to roll higher (Better chance to hit)

Think of Bards ability is about accuracy, but the samurai's ability is about damage.

P.S. the highest strength achieveable is 20, and that is.

Barbarian with Fighter mage at 15 valor and at least 5 cards in hand 3 of them being exact cards. (5)
+ Augumentation Might (+2) [From a previous turn]
+ Bloodlust (+3) [From a previous turn]
+ Dragon fury the card (+4)
+ Dragon fury the ability (+3)
+ (2 mana restore)
+ Horn (+3)

AdolfTickler

Gotcha. I misunderstood the nature of Samurai's passive skill. I thought it was more in vein with the Bard's damage modifier. Thanks for the replies!