News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

New Game style

Started by diesbudt, April 02, 2010, 02:17:10 AM MT

diesbudt

So my brother and I have played many games against each other, to the point that we created our own style of game.

The name? We haven't come up with one yet, but the objective is, both players pick a Sorceress + 2 random guardians. This is an Assassination type game.  Next on each persons first turn they must move the guardians to the 4 certain spaces on the map and NOT use them the entire game (Pic included).
That means:
1. No Body blocking. (Unless Rule 3 changes that)
2. No using guardian's abilities.
3. You may reposition with guardians, but the guardian must stay at that space the rest of the game (like a wall)

Rules:
- Both players may not attack on their first turn (but they may summon creatures) creatures are usable as it does come from the sorc's magic.
- Sleep and Entangle is forbidden
- If you use ice shards, it can be the only card you use that turn. (You may however melee attack)

Ross Przybylski

That is very creative diesbudt!  This has got me thinking of a new game feature: an editor that would allow players to create their own game types by modifying various game rules, as you and your brother have done here.  Adjustable options might include limiting the heroes used (mages only for example), changing the starting mana, hand sizes, excluding spells of a certain type from the deck, restricting casting to certain conditions, etc.

I'd love to hear more stories like this to see if there's a demand for this editor as well as get some ideas for how players may want to use it.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

diesbudt

We did it, because in reality, most our games come down to Hero vs Hero, as we have similar playstyles.

The sorceress was chosen for this because, it mages it more of a mage battle, with spells and the occasional melee attack. However after a few rounds of it, I wanted to add rules because first person to have his sorc slept (by a sprint or something.) they are usually dead the next turn before they can act.