News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Everyone's previous Tactics experience.

Started by diesbudt, April 06, 2010, 04:48:55 AM MT

diesbudt

I am just curious where everyone else stands on experience for tactic games (similar to Hero Mages).

Mine:

-Was the strategist for a guild in WoW during BC and first patch of Wotlk, to get relm firsts, on how to kill the bosses through pictures I crudely drew on Microsoft paint.
- Have beaten 2 Fire emblem games on the hardest mode (Radiant Dawn and shadow Dragon)
- I loved Advance Wars and  Final Fantasy Tactic gameboy games
- I have some (not much) experience of table top tactic games like: Mageknight, Warhammer, Star Wars and so on.

Ross Przybylski

Table Top/Board Game:

- Chess
- Hero Quest
- Warhammer Fantasy (2000pt + Lizardmen and Bretonnia armies)
- Warhammer 40K (2000pt+ Necron, Eldar, and Dark Eldar armies)
- Hive
- Risk 2210
- Chaos (my first custom board game based on Hero Quest)
- Dungeons of Peril (custom Hero Quest expansion by Andrew Sekela)

Computer/RTS:

- Warcraft II
- Star Craft (I also made some really sweet custom levels for this game)
- Warcraft III
- Dawn of War + Dark Crusade & Soul Storm

Collectible Card:

- Magic the Gathering
- Star Wars CCG
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

maltross

cool, the first star wars tcg that came out, i was ranked #1 for awhile before i quit, nobody at the place i played could compete.

Alderon

Bit of an older topic I know but here's mine;

Tabletop : Warhammer Fantasy (Lots and lots, I was crazy into this growing up.)
Warhammer 40K (Not so much, prefered the Fantasy game.)
D&D (Been in a bunch of different groups, one ran for 3 years every week, was great fun.)
Hero Quest

Computer : Shining Force Series
Vandal Hearts Series
Fire Emblem Series
Tactics Advance
Warcraft Series
Age of Empires Series
Age of Mythology Series
Master of Olympus Series
Command and Conquer Series
And 'lots' of others that don't immediately spring to mind. (I'm a gamer through and through.)

Card/Book etc: Magic the Gathering (I got a load of my friends into this for a few years we ended up with a communal collection of about 30 different decks and ran our own tournaments, etc.)
Fighting Fantasy! (What a fantastic series, miss it a lot.)
Pokemon (Yeah, I went there. I actually was the first person in my area to have the cards, a LONG time before it became crazy popular, my auntie got me a deck for my birthday and at first I was like, 'yeah, sod this for a game of soldiers.' LOL)

Oh and I also joined a 'L.A.R.P' group for a bit... haha, the first time I went this guy 'killed' me because I wasn't 'roleplaying' enough. (If you don't know what L.A.R.P stands for, google it and see for yourself.)

Sinney

Oh no!  Ald, you have gone down the path of LARP!  LOL  ;D

Ok, so here is what I can remember of the strategy games I have been into over the years...

Tabletop:
Talisman

Console:
Herzog Zwei (Sega Genesis)
Dark Wizard (Sega CD)

Computer:
Heroes of Magic and Might series
Total Annhilation
Age of Empires Series
Age of Mythology Series
Command and Conquer Series

CCG:  Magic the Gathering (probably Revised (3rd Edition) through around... Ice Age or Fallen Empires.  I still bought singles of cards as the expansions carried on but never really played as much.  As the new expansions came, the game just became diluted in my opinion with ridiculous cards.

Other than these, I play all genres... FPS, (MMO)RPG, strategy, action, sports, puzzles... doesn't really matter.  Similar to Ald, I'm a gamer through and through!

My favorite games of all-time have been EverQuest 1 and Quake 1.  I spent several years on both of these games (10 years on EQ in fact).  Right now, I'm just loving Hero Mages!

Aritheall

Here is mine:

Risk
Risk God Storm (ahh, the chaos)
Risk 2210 (only played once and the other players were cheating..still fun tho)
Chess (whole family plays)
Star Wars Minis (love this game and still play often)
Star Wars TCG (got old)
Settlers of Catan (all expansions)
Epic Duals (a star wars game)

So mostly (all) board/table top games for me...was not allowed gaming systems as a child and don't have the money now...

(Could add a few online games such as "The Continuum" and Tactics Arena Online...)