News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Ranking system

Started by diesburgz, April 11, 2010, 02:43:38 AM MT

diesburgz

Ross, I know you said your ranking system is the one for chess tournaments but its kinda annoying when people won't play you in rank but then when a new person or person of less rank pops on they hurry up and play them in rank.

So I was just wondering if you could tweek it so that if you play somebody with like 100 or 150 less points you only get like 1 or 2 points for winning but still lose the same amount as usual.

Its just getting to the point where some players don't play anybody besides new people who dont know how to play or people they play and beat constantly.

Ross Przybylski

Zack-

Actually, that is how the system currently works.  Players with a very high rank only stand to gain very few points (in any at all) from beating a player of significantly lower rank.  However, if a player of signifcantly lower rank beats someone of a higher rank, they stand to gain more points and the higher ranked player stands to lose more.

I've been meaning to put together an article that explains how and why the ranking system works as it does.  I'll get back on top of that- and with it, perhaps we can discuss more ideas to improve the system.

~Ross
Manager of D20Studios, LLC