News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

How about a tourney set up ?

Started by Warmage, April 12, 2010, 04:43:58 AM MT

Warmage

How about some simple tournaments ?

I think the ranking system right now is pretty solid but i think it runs into issues with people wanting to play high ranks and high ranks not wanting to play lows.

Some simple tourneys with perhaps some profile awards, avatars or something would be a good thing. I think it would give some people a chance to win something even if they dont have enough time to get high rank.

I think little things like that might get additinal interest and may make for some more active nights when a tourney day rolls around - and who doesnt like profile awards ?

Perhaps later the tourneys could could be linked to a map for territory or perhaps to explore and find peices of history from the land.

Just thinking outloud let me know your thoughts.

diesburgz

I agree with Warmage. This sounds like a great idea to try and expand the community, also to encourage battles between all ranks of people.

The only problem I can think of right now is what if someone's account lags or they get kicked off?

But I would love to participate in a tournament.

diesbudt

Only thing I would add is, for such an idea there be a judge(s) that watchs and makes sure  (in case of what my brother said, an early d/c.  Not a d/c because losing  w/e).

And it be a best 2 of 3  or double elimination.