News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

THE FIRST DIESBUDT OPEN TOURNAMENT

Started by diesbudt, April 15, 2010, 09:57:24 PM MT

diesbudt

CONGRATULATIONS TO Diesburgz FOR WINNING THE TOURNAMENT LATE MAY 12th 2010!

The first game was won by him, against my Sorceress, Psionist, Rogue by getting a well placed blizzard with his team sorceress, Rogue, Paladin.

The second game was taken by me, with my Fighter Mage, Warrior, Bard. With the key move repositioning his Fighter Mage with an iron golem I summoned a turn earlier, so that my whole team could whack on him with bard buffs and a seeker missile.

The third game was a close one with me killing his soul reaver early on, Though in a desperate attempt, when i moved my paladin and warrior too close to his team He sent his 3/6 HP Fighter mage, to sprint and flash to my Wizard, Disentigrated him with all 4 dice hitting doing 6 damage. He than proceeded to shield himself at which point sealed my fate.

Thats right folks you heard it straight from me, I am holding a challenge/tournament. The winner of it will receive 1 hero set (from me) that they do not currently own.

Requirements
-You must not own both hero packs already
-You must have at least have had 10 games played already, whether they were all wins or loses, ranked or unranked, it does not matter.

The Rules
-Once per week, a person may challenge me to a Match. A match consists of a Best 2 out of 3 games. I must be on the game to be challenged.
-In every match, when you or I win a game, the 3 units that won the game may not be used in any other game per the match. (So pick your team setup wisely)
-I Host the game, at the location of my choosing. (A custom map for the event.)
-The first player to beat me wins
-You cannot act crude, rude, or any other over the top offensive. Cursing I don't mind, but Ross's DO NOT CURSE bot will yell at you for it.
-Turns will last 2 minutes.
-If at anytime you give up between games (games must be played in succession), you lose the rest of your turn for the week.

Secondary Rules
-At anytime I am away/busy and my brother is on, if you get his permission AND my permission (through him, or from a previous time), he may fill in for me for a match (same rules apply). As long as I get proof afterwards too that the game was played. (A screenshot per game played won/lost)

These games will not be ranked, so you have nothing to lose.

This Tournament will start Friday April 16th (I cannot be challenged until after that date.) This tournament is also to help give someone who doesn't have 1 or both sets of "extra" units a chance to get a set.

ENJOY!

-Diesbudt

UPDATE: I decided in all the fairness of competition, I will remove the 10 game requirement for the tournament!  

diesbudt

List of Players

Gorstak - Lost (1-2) -- 29Apr10
Witchking - Lost (1-2) -- 29Apr10
Avi - Lost (0-2) -- 30Apr10
Icewhisp - Lost (0-2) -- 02May10
Diesburgz - Lost (1-2) -- 05May10
Unmourned - Lost (1-2) -- 06May10
Gorstak(2) - Lost (0-2) -- 07May10
Scongi - Lost (0-2) -- 08May10
Andodel- Lost (0-2) -- 08May10
FriZZled - Lost (0-2) -- 09May10
Fengo - Lost (0-1) -- 12May10
Witchking(2) - Lost (1-2) -- 12May10
diesburgz(2) - Won (2-1) -- 12May10

diesbudt

Tournament update.   Still need many more contestants!!!

Ross Przybylski

I like that your brother challenged you...lol!  Comon' Zack, it's just HIM between you and #1 on the leaderboard.  Good luck fellow players!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

diesburgz

Well Ross, I would have had him if my computer didn't glitch which made me kill my own FM lol. I swear I clicked on his FM with the lightning bolt.

andodel

Ill challenge you, but I will probably lose. Since it's almost impossible to beat you, only really good people will win. So basically, it's making the amazing more amazing. At least a contest was made so that you don't have to do any battling.

WarLokk

I'm game.  I just came back after a few months away and am really impressed with all the changes.  It's good to see the game is still alive and growing.  So I figure what better way to get back into things than by getting beat by the master  ;D

andodel

diesbudt

No, I was never going to have 2 winners. What originally was the rule was, first 2 to beat me would play each other for the prize if someone was to beat me in first 2 weeks of the tournament.

That didn't happen, He was the first to beat me after, just under 4 weeks.