News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

new catagory

Started by fengo, May 06, 2010, 04:12:08 PM MT

fengo

i dont know if u want to keep 2 kinds of characters(mages and guardians) but i was thinking of a third group the support units.the support unit would mbe made up of people who dont really fight but support the fighters. i would put the bard possible the rogue and pallidon into the support group and maybe create more supporters like a healer(herbalist)- master a poisons and antidotes(speaking of poisons i think u should make another affect like stunn but poison and burn, mabe lose a lp each turn your posioned) :)

diesbudt

Your trying to complicate a simple game too much.

Just guardians and heros as only 2 'types' works best.

As for support, the paladin, psionist and bard are considered support units as their abilities for helping other units is equal to or outweighs their attacking ability.

Also, a bleed/poison effect wouldn't be a bad idea, but it would have to be limited to 1 extra hp the next turn, but no more. otherwise its way too powerful.

fengo

sorry im just throwing out ideas

diesbudt

Don't be sorry. throwing out ideas is the best way for the community to brainstorm together.  All I'm doing is giving the difficulties behind those ideas, so people can think of a solution, and so on.

So if you have any ideas ever, write'em down.

Omnipotens

Could also increase the amount of units to greater than 3. Would create a bunch of fun chaos on the map.

Ross Przybylski

Yeah, definately no need to apologize, fengo!  All ideas are welcome here.  Everyone's going to have differing opinions on how to change/not change the game, so no worries just because someone disagrees with you.  I read all these posts to get a feel for the hot issues in the game and what players are looking to see added to make the game better.  You never know which idea is going to inspire the next new feature- so share anything and everything!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

andodel

Quote from: fengo on May 06, 2010, 04:12:08 PM MT
i dont know if u want to keep 2 kinds of characters(mages and guardians) but i was thinking of a third group the support units.the support unit would mbe made up of people who dont really fight but support the fighters. i would put the bard possible the rogue and pallidon into the support group and maybe create more supporters like a healer(herbalist)- master a poisons and antidotes(speaking of poisons i think u should make another affect like stunn but poison and burn, mabe lose a lp each turn your posioned) :)

I was thinking on a similar idea while I was playing Soul Silver and my Lugia got the poison effect. It would be great to have status effects. I think there should be more than just taking damage each turn. What about an effect that lowers your movement, or an effect that can make you flinch (you can't attack for your next turn).

Ross Przybylski

Status effects are already present in Hero Mages.  You can view which effects are on your character by clicking on their unit card.  The effects will appear as gold icons just above the unit's action buttons.  You can mouse over them to see what they do and have long they last.

As for particular status effects that affect health over time or movement- no, we currently don't have those, but these could certainly be possible additions for future releases.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC