News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Creepy ladies

Started by andodel, May 07, 2010, 01:52:18 AM MT

andodel

This is something I want taken out. Why do several of the women (sorceress, summoner) look really creepy. Especially the summoner. She doesn't need any powers. Everybody would disintegrate when looking at her. I'm not saying this should be done immediatley. New spells or guards/heroes would be nice. Just at least put it on your to do list.

diesbudt

Glad you want them taken out. No one shares your sentiments.

Plus think about it, they have very strong magical powers surging through their veins, of course they wont look normal.

andodel

I didn't mean take them out. I meant change there look and keep their powers exactly the same.

fengo

i think they need a little more clothes

andodel

exactly what I'm thinking. There mages, not strippers.

fengo

i know there mages but i would not go into battle without armor even if i was the most powerful mage

Ross Przybylski

Point taken, andodel.  I personally feel the artwork is within the spirit of the fantasy genre and even quite modest in comparison to other games that portray female characters in explicity sexual manners.  Still, having taken another look at the characters after reading this post, I can see why you might feel that way.

Perhaps it would put your mind at ease to understand a bit more about the background of the characters.  In the case of the Summoner, she has been cast out of the Arcane Academy and taken refuge amongst the volcanic caverns, forming a tribal society.  She is seen as shaman type character for other wandering nomads, like the Barbarian, and cast off the heavy robes of the northern temples to adopt the minimalist garb of the tribes.  Obsessed with her quest to understand the secrets of life and death, she has become corrupted and twisted.  In otherwords, she is supposed to be creepy.

The Sorceress, taken in to custody by the Emperor, adorns the outfit of an imperial princess, the style of which was actually inspired in part by the dress Princess Jasmine wears in Disney's Alladin.  The intent was to capture the mystique of an exotic, faraway land.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

andodel

Well, the sorceress isn't that bad. It's mainly the summoner. You did a great job with making her creepy. You are definitely right in that they aren't as bad as other game's. As long as you keep adding stuff and make the game better, I think I will be able to deal with creepy lady. ;D